PDA

View Full Version : engine mount that bolts to the cambelt cover

beast
23-01-2016, 19:57
i need both parts of the engine mount that bolts to the cambelt cover? its for my r5 f7p conversion so may have to adapt it not sure how it will fit exactly so dont want to spend out to much.

thanks
ryan

16v_paddy
23-01-2016, 21:11
Surely you'd be better off sticking with the R5 mounts? :?

After I saw how someone else had used some vibratechnics mounts on their F7P converted R5 I changed to that on my Clio.

I've got the metal part that attaches to the cambelt cover powdercoated in gloss black you can have for a tenner posted, sounds like the other part you're after is the mount itself

beast
23-01-2016, 21:31
im using the original mounts but as the clio has that extra mount there i think might as well use that as well can hurt having a extra mount makes it look a bit more factory too i thinks anyways. tenner sounds good to me message me your details and ill paypal you the money over. dont suppose you no where i can get the mount itself as not even sure what they call it

16v_paddy
23-01-2016, 22:43
I had 5 mounts on mine & then I upgraded to just the 3 R5 mounts albeit some really fancy ones & the engine is held in a lot firmer with them than it was with 5 of them.

As for the mount itself, a 2nd hand 1 is gonna be your only realistic option as new ones aren't cheap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAPCO-36104-engine-mount-/191559860302?fits=Model%3AClio%7CCars+Type%3AWilli ams&hash=item2c99db804e:g:eIMAAOSwzOxUXoZ1