PDA

View Full Version : What can i expect from modifications?

AxelF
23-08-2015, 12:29
Hi,

what do you think - how much hp can be done with following modifications:

Megane engine F7R
willy cams
ports polished (not widened)
airbox from R21 Turbo with K&N, getting air from engine hood
Megane cup header
Powersprint Group N exhaust system with 100 cell cat
Mocal oil cooler
Aluminium water cooler with SPAL ventilator

More not available...

Thanks
Christian

16v_paddy
23-08-2015, 23:16
Depending on how healthy the engine is & if any mapping has been done or not. But based on other peoples results with megane engine & willy cams with no mapping, I'd say at least 160-165bhp without any mapping, probably more with mapping & the mods you already have

AxelF
24-08-2015, 16:28
Thank you, 16v_paddy.

I have to buy the car first, but owner had only basic mapping now (because of the problem with "limp mode", see other thread). So it might have at least 150hp. But would be interesting, what might be possible with good mapping.

16v_paddy
24-08-2015, 20:08
It sounds like it's a very good base to start from & I'd still buy the car despite the problem it's got as the major mechanical stuff sounds like it's fantastic & the running problem will be something really silly & really simple to fix, it's just finding out what it is 1st that's the tricky part :lol:

Are you buying the car to have & run as it is or take the engine & mods to put into something else?

AxelF
24-08-2015, 21:48
Hi Paddy, i will use this car for hill climbs and fasr road use, because it is really well build and very beautiful!
You will see it soon, when its mine