PDA

View Full Version : Keyset, Locks and Whatnot

y0z2a
25-06-2015, 14:49
So, I have a full set of keys and clifford alarm etc, but, they aren't original keys, and I don't believe that the locks are original locks either.

What do I need / could I get that would allow me to replace everything with an original set of keys and locks. Is the alarm coded to the ECU like on the later Renaults.

So the motivation for this is that there is a Racelogic traction control system and a clifford alarm plumbed into my standard loom - I quite fancy removing both and getting all of that sorted out, then, secondly, I know that there is the key & lock aspect that I too would like to get sorted when I am getting my other work done.

What are my options if any, given parts availability and what I could pick up on the open market?

/y0z

y0z2a
28-06-2015, 11:47
Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Best,

/y0z

northy
29-06-2015, 13:49
you can buy a new lockset from Renault - just change all the barrels and ignition but keep the IR keyfob and slide the new key in.

Job done.

y0z2a
30-06-2015, 14:38
I don't have IR keys on mine - and the keys aren't available when I looked about 18m ago Northy.

I had plain keys and a Clifford Immobiliser fob.

Hmmm. I think that I am stuck with that, unless I can find a lock set from a valver with original keys and IR sensors? What would you need to replace for the IR system?

/y0z

northy
30-06-2015, 15:36
its just the IR sensor that is between the interior roof lights. Pull that bit out (dark red lense) and that's all you need for IR locking.

y0z2a
01-07-2015, 14:14
But surely, you need the matching keys;

So one would need;

2 x keys
IR sensor

And that would be it?

/y0z

northy
01-07-2015, 14:52
no. The keyfob can be dismantled so you can keep the cut key part irrelevant of which IR circuit you have fitted.

y0z2a
02-07-2015, 12:02
So literally, I just need 2 x Keys from somewhere, and the matching IR sensor.

Where the hell to start hunting for them, then.

/y0z

northy
02-07-2015, 15:07
as far as I know you do.

2 keys with locks for doors, ignition, tailgate and fuel flap.

IR key and working sensor.