PDA

View Full Version : newbie to williams after some advice in West Yorkshire

Oliver Dufresne
14-11-2014, 10:56
Hello all.
My first post.
Just sold a JDM STI as it was a bit too crazy to tap into its talents and my wife was not so keen, heavy clutch, heavy steering.
We already have a big family car that serves it purpose for carrying and long journeys load lugging etc...
What I am after is something that you can have a bit of fun in. The Dilemma is whether to go for a Williams as a second or 3rd car.
If its a second car it will do lots of short journeys on most days, with some longer country and motorway drives thrown in. Would need to be fairly easy to drive( wife) and reasonable on fuel.
Or buy an old banger for peanuts to do the short daily journeys and keep the williams for fun only.

The 3rd car option seems the obvious one, but I don't like the idea of cars being left and not used, the whole idea will be to have a fun car that serves the family.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Oliver

Vandella
14-11-2014, 12:19
the clutch probably wont be much lighter unless it has the 172 fork upgrade.. personally if I had the choice with mine, it would be left to just have fun in, as being a daily drive can take its toll.. this obviously depends on the condition of the car and the maintenance in the first place.. a lot of parts can be got fairly cheap, but for the most part.. if you have one and you want to it hold at least a bit of money, then gen Renault parts are the way to go.. and Renault seem to see everyone coming..

good luck with your search!

northy
14-11-2014, 23:46
where abouts are you located ?

Oliver Dufresne
15-11-2014, 16:53
Northy . I am in leeds