PDA

View Full Version : williams 2 on ebay

martink
19-09-2014, 18:46
Hi, look at this car for sale ,it looks mint with only 55k on the clock, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281444440880?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

hny
19-09-2014, 19:52
looks nice but i want a 1 . can anybody help me ? i am looking at buying a clio williams L reg 98k miles just had new sills and brakes all round the guy said the only rust is inside the boot lid but thats it . what should i be paying as i am new to the site and dont know loads about them but always wanted one . cheers

martink
19-09-2014, 20:49
Hi, just an update, been in contact with KGF cars who is selling it, it has 9 owners. Wish it was a Williams 1 .

hny
19-09-2014, 21:19
would you not touch it martink ?

bass_direct
19-09-2014, 21:24
Doesn't it have the wrong Williams 2 stickers too?

hny
19-09-2014, 21:32
feel a bit out of place here . if people know that the stickers are wrong ive got no hope . i need to do some reading

Daz.
19-09-2014, 22:02
You're all nuts - I'd buy that in a heartbeat - They just don't come up like that anymore.

martink
20-09-2014, 00:17
Hi Daz, what's stopping you from buying it, it's a Williams 2 for 6k , there is another for sale with similar mileage for 5.5k and been on sale a while, this will tell you it's over priced at this time, as well as it's from a dealer no doubt with a big profit margin, practical classic's only price these cars in this condition at 4.5k. I would love to buy it even though I have a Williams 3 but people have got to be realistic in pricing their cars.

Daz.
20-09-2014, 01:12
If I wasn't buying a house I would.

Practical classics can tell me they're worth 10p all day long - it's worth what someone will pay for it and with the amount of actual cars I would buy since I sold my last one being about 3 cars in 6 years that says to me all these people who want one at x price are not really serious.

martink
20-09-2014, 10:39
Hi, yes a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it but looking at what they are selling for at this time then I think it's well over priced, it is from a dealer though. I wish I was closer to look at it but if any member is near to it then please look at it if you can and let us all know just how good it is, thanks all.

hny
20-09-2014, 11:18
Hi, yes a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it but looking at what they are selling for at this time then I think it's well over priced, it is from a dealer though. I wish I was closer to look at it but if any member is near to it then please look at it if you can and let us all know just how good it is, thanks all.

would it be a good deal at £3.5 k

Vandella
20-09-2014, 11:27
i agree with Daz here.. not many in this condition.. and although the stickers should be infilled, i dont think they look out of place.. this looks like a great, tidy, ready to drive example.

ianbirch
20-09-2014, 16:34
I agree with Daz... these are coming up less and less... ok there may be two available at the moment but people who want one and fanny about over a couple of grand will be the same people you see crying about how
they can't find one for love or money in a years time.

Cheers Ian

ianbirch
20-09-2014, 16:44
would it be a good deal at £3.5 k

With regard to your one, be very careful when the seller says there is just a bit of rust on the boot, they need checking thoroughly... large amounts of rust can be hidden under seemingly good panels.

Regards Ian

hny
20-09-2014, 17:06
With regard to your one, be very careful when the seller says there is just a bit of rust on the boot, they need checking thoroughly... large amounts of rust can be hidden under seemingly good panels.

Regards Ian

yeah that is what worries me the dreaded rust . i am interested in this williams 2 because it looks bang on with no issues . what do you think to it ?

ianbirch
20-09-2014, 17:19
yeah that is what worries me the dreaded rust . i am interested in this williams 2 because it looks bang on with no issues . what do you think to it ?

Appears good BUT without having actually seen it in the flesh I can give no definitive answer... if I was after a Williams 2 I would be very keen to view this one. I was slightly concerned when somebody mentioned it
had 9 previous owners when it was owned for the first 10 years by one owner.

Surely worth a lengthy look.... especially underneath.

Cheers Ian

martink
20-09-2014, 20:22
Hi, just had an email off them saying they have agreed a price subject to inspection, is it anybody on here.

hny
21-09-2014, 11:12
not me . i am sticking to getting a williams 1

hny
21-09-2014, 17:18
i am going to look at 304 next weekend can anybody help me on where to look for rust as i do not want a car with a load of rust issues . but i am not well up on these cars so any help would be great .

ianbirch
21-09-2014, 20:21
Basically everywhere... but worst offenders are rear arches, inner wings, sills, bottom of doors and boot. I've seen examples on here with rust absolutely everywhere.

If you become a subscribed member you will have access to the project threads and other useful areas.

I hope some of the others answer you as many have a lot of experience with this particular problem.

Cheers Ian

hny
21-09-2014, 20:35
Basically everywhere... but worst offenders are rear arches, inner wings, sills, bottom of doors and boot. I've seen examples on here with rust absolutely everywhere.

If you become a subscribed member you will have access to the project threads and other useful areas.

I hope some of the others answer you as many have a lot of experience with this particular problem.

Cheers Ian

thank for the reply ian

northy
29-09-2014, 12:58
I think for that car the price was too cheap. Especially for a Dealer to be selling it. Dread to think what offer the previous owner had for it.

Wonder what car he now ownes??

ant_8u
29-09-2014, 13:43
Agreed

if i can find a 1 or a 3 in that condition at that price I'll be doing backflips