PDA

View Full Version : Liningtons Renault in Portsmouth

Red_Dash
29-04-2014, 21:10
I don't know whether anyone can help me, but I'm looking for some information on Linington's Renault that used to be in Portsmouth. Specifically, I'm looking to get some plates and stickers made up that would have been on my car when it was purchased new. Unfortunately, I don't have any reference points to work from :(

Does anyone have any pictures they would be able to share which would help me please? - ideally pics of the numberplate surrounds, rear window sticker and anything else that may be relevant.

Thanks,
Dave

Red_Dash
28-05-2014, 10:39
Thanks to everyone who has taken a look at this post, but has been unable to help.
Hopefully this bump might get a few more views and maybe there will be someone who has info/pics that would be of assistance.

Thanks,
Dave.

Chris197F1
28-05-2014, 10:50
Just had a google with no luck so tried again using the image function and came across this. I know its not what you are after but its something you could have made up maybe???

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Vintage-Keyring-Renault-Liningtons-Garage-/00/s/MTAwMFg3NDY=/z/oLoAAOxyGwNTD2u0/$_35.JPG

Red_Dash
28-05-2014, 12:52
Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing this.
However, I think this is where my slightly OCD nature will be exposed...

I'd like to know that whatever I get produced will be near on exactly how the originals were produced in that era (from the ebay auction this pic came from it looks as though it's from the 1970's). For example:

Numberplate
Did the numberplate have a black line surround?
How was the Liningtons name displayed (at the bottom of the plate next to a renault symbol or the phone number) - which side of the text would the Renault symbol be at (left/right/both/none?)
Was it displayed as 'Liningtons Portsmouth', 'Liningtons (Portsmouth)', or even a different way - I guess from this pic it will probably be the former.

Tax Disc Holder
Did they do their own version of this? (like the keyring)
How was the text/logos spaced out (what went were?)
Was it yellow/white or another colour?

I can make a few fair assumptions based on this pic, but unless I'm 100% sure that what I'm going to do it correct, then I'll hang fire until I can find out what I need.

I think my next port of call will be to scour the free ads to try and find a 2nd hand car that has spent most of it's life around this area and which may have all the dealer supplier bits still in place. If there are high res pics available, then I should be able to find out what I need to know.

However, if you find anything else, then please share it!

Thanks,
Dave

theweekendhaslanded
28-05-2014, 21:04
I wouldn't worry too much about the tax disc holder - they will be a thing of the past later this year.