PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 for sale

geebers
10-03-2014, 20:36
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give members a chance to purchase before I look at other selling options. Unfortunately the time has come to sell my Williams. I'm moving house in a few weeks so im loosing the garage ive had her stored in for the last 2 years. I'm a company car driver so basically the Willy was just been my toy.

Good points - Totally standard, 88000 miles, starts first time, hundreds of receipts, new clutch 2 years ago, sills rust free (although a couple of rust spots on one of the back wheel arches) all electrics in working order (even the temperature gauge), 6 month old battery.

Bad points - There is a problem somewhere as she's currently cutting out after a few minutes when idle. The problem is also affecting the drive quality as it makes her jerk (I think ive heard other people call it kangarooing) quite severely to the point where its not safe to drive. I've read on the forum that this is common and the most likely a sensor fault however I don't have the time or technical knowledge to fix the problem.

Not really sure how much she is worth so just looking for a sensible offer from a fellow enthusiast.

E-mail me at johnhawkins77@gmail.com if you want me to send you photos etc or have others questions etc.

Cars currently located in Washington, Tyne & wear

Chris197F1
12-03-2014, 12:33
Just put the deposit down on this and all being well will be picking it up on 22nd March, cant wait to finally own a Williams!

Vandella
12-03-2014, 13:34
Nice One Chris! happy as a pig??

Chris197F1
12-03-2014, 13:45
you better believe it Vandella ha ha :D

Danno
12-03-2014, 14:17
Nice One Chris! happy as a pig??

Yeah like a pig swimming around in a puddle of it's own s h i t :grin:.

I know that feeling, cus thats exactly how I felt when i got mine. Nice 1 chris, im chuffed for ya8), it seems like you have been looking for ages.

Chris197F1
12-03-2014, 15:11
Yeah I have been! Now I just have to sit and wait patiently until its time to collect.

northy
12-03-2014, 16:17
At last the man has bought something!

ant_8u
13-03-2014, 14:18
Chris, that's excellent news!
Glad you've found your car

....and that weekend is a great weekend to collect a car.....(I'm picking mine up on the Sunday) :)

Remember to get some pictures on here once you've got it

cliokiz
13-03-2014, 14:51
The jerking issue with the car is most likely the lambda sensor and/or the wiring leading to it from the ECU.

jamiecrookston83
13-03-2014, 15:40
About time Chris. Well done mate