PDA

View Full Version : f7p running nodiz

beast
20-01-2014, 19:43
hello

just wondered if any of you lot with f7p lumps are running nodiz or efi if so what trigger wheel did you use and what did you do about mounting the sensor for it? is there a complete kit with bracket you can buy from some where

beast
21-01-2014, 20:42
no one fitted a trigger wheel to a f7p ?????

16v_paddy
21-01-2014, 21:01
no one fitted a trigger wheel to a f7p ?????

Unless it's fitted to something rwd, fitting a trigger wheel onto an F7 in a clio will be a nightmare because the only place you can really put it is on the crank pulley & that's exposed to the elements & highly susceptible to getting damaged so reliability will be an issue.

What people usually do with aftermarket management on these cars is to fit a megane or 172 flywheel as that has a trigger pattern that works with their management, or in my case I've got canems which works with the standard flywheel trigger pattern

beast
21-01-2014, 21:31
sorry should of added its on a renault 5 an the engine is a tight fit so dont fancy taking it back out to change the flywheel. canems havent heard of it is it good?.

i may change the flywheel at a later date so its all tidy but at the moment just need to get up and running asap.

16v_paddy
21-01-2014, 22:46
http://www.canems.co.uk/ sideways danny on here/519 automotive http://www.519automotive.co.uk/ is a distributor for canems & fitted it to my car when I did the itb conversion, mine was the guinea pig test of the at the time new version of the ecu's software that worked with the standard flywheel

beast
22-01-2014, 20:00
thanks this is a great help called them today they really was so helpful and i think this is the route i am going to go down, just wanted to know from you what you think of the ecu and the company as your running it with a f7p. also what you using to replace the standard coil pack.

16v_paddy
23-01-2014, 14:44
I'm not running coil pack, still using std dizzy & coil pack and using it on my high compression f7r now :grin: well I will when I've finished building it :lol:

To run wasted spark you still need a different flywheel.

Who did you speak to? I've only dealt with 519 automotive for everything on mine & Danny is top notch

beast
23-01-2014, 21:48
i spoke direct to canems but they where helpfull may speak to 519 automotive aswell. not running wasted spark not to fussed about that but the bloke at canems said i will have to swap out the standard coil pack for a after market one.

also he said the standard map the ecu comes with would work fine but i would have fort for the odd trigger wheel i would need a certain map?

But maybe i will speak to 519 automotive to check before i order anything

16v_paddy
24-01-2014, 00:55
I think it's some option in the ecu software & you just tell it what trigger pattern it's reading but that's all shit I cba with knowing & learning, I just said to 519 "fit that & make it work" job done with no pissing about

tutuur
24-01-2014, 17:12
Megasquirt, diy'ishness is high though

beast
24-01-2014, 21:39
i tried calling him a few times but no answer so will pop him over a email i would go get it fitted but i kinda want to do it my self in some respects doing the car is as much fun as it will be driving it :D.

beast
24-01-2014, 21:40
i looked at megasquirt but wouldnt no where to begin on ordering it sounds so confusing

16v_paddy
25-01-2014, 03:23
i tried calling him a few times but no answer so will pop him over a email i would go get it fitted but i kinda want to do it my self in some respects doing the car is as much fun as it will be driving it :D.

The thing with aftermarket ecu's is to buy based on who is mapping it

beast
26-01-2014, 22:29
well i have emailed 519 just waiting for them to get back to me hopefully will buy it through them and when its got a base map it runs okish ill run it down there. well thats the plan anyways

16v_paddy
27-01-2014, 02:49
You'd be much better off just taking the car there to begin with, not doing it that way is more hassle & expense in the long run & that's if everything goes smoothly & right 1st time.

The reason behind my previous post was seeing if ecu fitting & mapping is something you're able to do yourself, if that's the case then doing it yourself will be ideal but if it's not then it's not worth the hassle, get it done right 1st time

beast
28-01-2014, 21:24
well i have ordered it off 519 i am getting the injection model that is basically just running the ignition only software so later on if i run throttle bodies i don't have to swap ecus just update the one i got. spoke to danny and it dose not sound to bad to install so gonna have a go at doing it my self then running it up to him to be mapped but we will see how it goes will keep you informed. thanks for all the help really appreciate it