PDA

View Full Version : Rear Quarters Needed Please Help

Michael Jones
16-12-2013, 21:13
Hi Guys

I know I am new to the forum and the club but my uncle has recently passed away and left me his Clio Williams in his will car number 230 i have always been a massive fan of the car hence my uncle leaving it to me. Unfortunately it has been left outside and the rear quarters have started to rust. I really would like to restore the car to its former glory as i think these cars should be kept alive and not broken for parts!

I really could do with your help on this one please guys whether you can help me out or even just point me in the right direction as to where i can get some rear quarters for the car (both sides needed please) any help on this would be hugely appreciated as i am sure you can understand my situation with my uncle this car has huge sentimental value to me.

My number is - 07783 737629

Thank you
Mick

ollie16v
16-12-2013, 22:12
Hi Mick sorry for you're loss but I'm sure your uncle would be proud if you get it sorted. They are not available but they do come up from time to time. Your best bet would be to find someone to fabricate new ones. I was looking in to having my car under sealed and two companies stood out. rust.co.uk and jr classics. They offer welding serves as well so may be able to assist you. I used a local place in Barnsley to do some welding on my car but its not a wide body so the arches are still available. I guess French eBay might be a good start to find the arches? Good luck!

walters300
16-12-2013, 22:50
Please accept my sincere condolences and I appreciate the importance of getting this car done, http://www.bksheetmetal.co.uk/classic-car-panels/4546008702 are the company to make new panels and give them a ring to discuss, they quoted me £600 per side. Not cheap but they will be very good, its worth asking them if they would do a discount on a group buy as I'm sure there will be plenty of interest, good luck and when you get started put up a project thread as many guys on here have invaluable advice and experience to mentor you each step of the way.

northy
17-12-2013, 10:16
Sorry to read about how you have got into williamsclio ownership! Least the car will have a forever home now!

Can you show us how bad they are - might be worth getting full panels

Michael Jones
19-12-2013, 23:10
Many thanks for the help and all the replies I really appreciate the feedback. I want to build a concours show car out of it, I don't care what the car will be worth once it is done because it will never be for sale as it was my uncles car. I have just pictured the arches for you northy full panels would be great if you know where I can get some both sides please??

Here are some pics of the car as you can see the car has got good bones to make concours however to make this car how i want it as I am very fussy and build concours show cars for a living I need both quarter panels minimum, I do not want to go down the welding route as I want the car looking better than new so the more help the better please guys cause when it is done it is there for everyone to look at as it will appear at shows, it is a 3 owner car with only 76k Miles... Here are the pics

manxseven
20-12-2013, 20:28
Hi Michael,

That looks lovely :)

I do have a complete genuine Renault near-side panel...... which I could be arm twisted to sell to you:-)

Cheers,

Simon

manxseven
20-12-2013, 20:37
see:

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?37611-Clio-16v-williams-FULL-left-hand-side-panel&highlight=sam+fish

and

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?35541-Clio-16v-williams-FULL-left-hand-side-panel&highlight=left-hand+side+panel

Cheers,

Simon

Michael Jones
21-12-2013, 15:19
Thanks mate you have no idea how much I appreciate all this help its overwhelming thank you so much! You have a PM

manxseven
23-12-2013, 23:08
Hi Michael,
YHM,
Simon

Michael Jones
19-12-2014, 18:04
Hi Guys,

I Have been sorted with a brand new old stock passenger side rear quarter thanks to the helpful people on this forum,

I am now in need of the drivers side quarter preferably new old stock would be great, but rust free is also fine, surface rust also fine as that is easily sorted, dents etc also easily sorted by myself, Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get this project underway in memory of my uncle who left me the car...

Thank you

Michael Jones
19-12-2014, 18:09
My number for anyone who can help me

07783 737629

Thanks Again
Mick

northy
23-12-2014, 11:34
Where are u located?

Has the car had rust repairs before - as that small amount of rust wouldnt warrent a full panel to be refitted IMO

Can you post me a picture of the drivers side rear sill please ?