PDA

View Full Version : Clio Williams - 112 - £1,995 ono

Akky
09-04-2013, 21:04
Hello all

my advert was removed yesterday... i guess by a mod. Unsure why. Anyway please see below. Please contact me for pics, i can t seem to upload them to this page?

Renault Clio Williams – number 112

The time has come to sell my beloved Williams. I have owned this car since 2010 and have made it my mission to tidy the car up and turn the car back to standard as it was a lightly modified and a little shabby. The car has covered 2000 miles in my time has always been garaged and has only been driven on sunny weekends.
MOT 01.01.14
TAX 01.06.13
Mileage 128,000

Engine/Gearbox/Mechanicals
The engine is very strong and pulls very well. There is no smoke on start up or under load. The previous owner fitted a new battery, starter motor, alternator, front discs and pads, and changed the cambelt at 117,000 miles. He also fitted new wheel bearings all round. I have replaced the full exhaust system from a Mongoose system to a standard system including cat (the mongoose system will come with the car if needed). The engine also benefits from a hill power induction kit but I do have the standard airbox that will come with the car. The gearbox dogbone mount has also been replaced recently. At 127,500 the car received and oil, gearbox oil and coolant change. There is a small issue with gear selection when the car is warm, I think the clutch pedal ratchet mechanism requires adjustment. The central locking does not work on the key but you can only unlock the passenger side door to get in and press the centre console button to unlock all locks. An easy fix and has never bothered me.

Interior
Very clean inside all standard and amazingly for a 20 year old French car all the dials and electrics work fine. It also has the rare fluffy parcel shelf with suit carrier. I have recently had the gear knob refurbished. The only non standard part is the aftermarket CD player but I never use it.

Body/Chassis
The car is 20 years old and there are a few marks, scratches and small dents. However it does clean up well but it is not mint. I do get many comments from fellow enthusiasts at petrol stations. The car was lowered at the front but I have fitted standard suspension. I have also replaced a cracked offside front wing with a new one, fitted a new grill and brand new yellow fogs (original OEM parts). The offside rear arch is starting to go and the boot lid inner could be better, both common areas of corrosion on these cars. The car could benefit from a replacement bonnet as its a little stone chipped. There is an aftermarket electric Webasto sunroof fitted that has been in the car since at least 2004, I will sell a replacement roof skin and headliner with the car if the next owner wants it.

Other
I am a mature owner and a huge car enthusiast who works in the industry. The car has a clean record from mycarcheck.

£1995 ono.

djlampitt
09-04-2013, 23:00
Hi mate could you e mail me some pics to daniel.lampitt@yahoo.co.uk many thanks

Akky
09-04-2013, 23:13
Hi Dan. All done. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Akky
11-04-2013, 20:11
Car is now sold