PDA

View Full Version : Renault clio williams 3 £1400 ONO

jimwilly80
09-03-2013, 09:24
Renault Clio Williams 3 (N reg)
I bought this Renault Clio Williams 3 as a project couple months ago but unfortunately where it is being stored at the moment will no longer be available so im forced to sell (im gutted).
Will make a lovely project, needs a bit of body work (1 RH seal needs replacing and rear arches need filling etc, then a good mop/t cut would do though IMO). Apart from the seals and rear arches the underneath of the car is very good.
No Tax on car as its SORN at the moment and locked away in storage so will need to be trailered away.
Good points.
HPI clear (i done this prior to when I bought the car and have certificate)
12 Months MOT will be put on the car prior to sale (Last MOT ran out on 06/12/2012)
131k miles on the clock (Full Renault service history up until 60,000 miles then was serviced by local garage/owner
4 previous owners (previous owner was 4 years and was his every day runner to and from work)
Loads of receipts and original Renault hand book
All tyres have good tread and are named brands (Kumho 2x, 195/45 size, Maragoni)
sports manifold with Scorpion stainless exhaust with cat bypass
Original Clio williams car mats
The front of the car has been lowered by 35mm
Strut brace
Still has original Blaupunkt cassette player
Flowed throttle body with cone air filter
Mechanically very good, before it was laid up it had no knocks or bangs and no oil leaks. The engine/gearbox is very smooth and is extremely quiet with no rattles or noises. Central locking and windows all work well.
New wheel bearings all round
New number plate made up but not fitted yet
New callipers, discs and pads all round, EBC green stuff pads at the front.
Grey leather interior
New radiator
Brand new passengers side A panel comes with the car and is all painted and ready to be fitted as the one on car at the moment is cracked.
Bad points
No grill
Bonnet has small dent but easily repairable, also it is a clio williams 2 bonnet so slightly different colour.
Front Bumper damaged but repairable, this was damaged in the snow, low speed bump.
Sunroof seal needs replacing
Driver’s side sill needs replacing, has been patched in the passed and now rust coming through again.
Drivers door rotten at the bottom and Drivers side rear arch starting to bubble with rust, hasn't broken through the paint yet. Passenger side rear arch is okay
Wheels could do with a refurb (the wheels do have all 4 centre caps but forgot to put them on wheels)
Due to age of car I would advise to come and have a look at it, any questions welcome, please call or text or email, 07790 451557 (text or call for an instant reply). I think that’s everything and ive been as honest as possible, please no time wasters and only serious enquiries only!
To arrange a viewing please contact me and sorry the pics are not any better its been raining all day and this was best i could do.
The car is in storage in Grays, Essex (post code: RM20)
As you can see from the above most of the bad bits are the usual trademark clio faults, my thought was when I bought this car why pay someone £3,000/£4,000 for a supposebly "mint" one that poss just has had a cheap re spray/rust just filled and blown over and in a years time looks abit ro-pee, at least with this clio I know what welding and painting it needed done. I looked at 5 clio williams before this one all around the £2500-£3500 mark and they all had lots of bits wrong with them so for peice of mind it was a project all the way as least I knew it would be a sound car when completed.
CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY
£1,400 ONO

jimwilly80
09-03-2013, 09:29
On ebay item number: 251239905875
Item number:

p4cks
09-03-2013, 10:30
I really hope someone buys and saves this. It's sad to see one in the state especially considering what one is worth now/will be worth in a few years time.

Given the amount of work that needs doing, and considering the mileage (which will put many a buyer off sadly) I think you would be hard pushed to see it get over £900. I'm not wanting to piss on your chips but having kept a very close eye on the Williams' market over the last year or so this would be my conclusion.

Good luck with the sale though.

jimwilly80
09-03-2013, 19:23
hi
its 1400 with offers, the millage is low imo, and the engine is very very quiet and been very well maintained , ive looked at a few cars around the 3g mark and when you go over them with a fine tooth comb they had rust in a lot of places so , far better getting a car and knowing what you got and you know what needs tackling, ive got 19 watchers on ebay at the mo. im just gutted i gotta sell as i was quoted by local body shop £1600 (for re spray, cut out rust arches and replace seal and full respray), i would have taken off the bumpers,bonnet and a panels so for £1800 including wheels re furbed for £200 plus say car £1100 for £3100 you gotta a perfect little car and thats the same price you see some of them on the net for sale which are apparently mint so when you look it like that its a decent car for the money . time will tell though i guess

jimwilly80
09-03-2013, 20:33
PRICE DROP £1,300

jimwilly80
15-03-2013, 20:00
relisted on ebay new number: 251245470631

PRICE DROP : £1,200 ONO

jimwilly80
17-03-2013, 21:49
STRUT BRACE IS NOW BEING REMOVED FROM THE CAR AS IT HAS SOLD. THANKS

Dean250
07-04-2013, 22:32
I have thought about this car but I think it require's a bit much work for me at the price, not being drivable it would cost me a small fortune to get it back up here!

good luck with the sale

jimwilly80
11-04-2013, 08:18
CAR IS NOW SOLD CAR IS NOW SOLD

talkingfish
11-04-2013, 09:14
Good luck to the person who bought this one! :winkey:

northy
11-04-2013, 10:16
now i know where Otto got the interior from for there models haha