PDA

View Full Version : Down south crew!

Akky
08-01-2013, 22:23
Inspired by the north east post I'm interested to know are there any Williams owners near Brighton - Chichester way? How about a Goodwood breakfast club meet up when they kick off again?

LEIGH-ANNE
09-01-2013, 11:41
Im in southampton, along with Wobba and another but i forget his username now

Wobba
09-01-2013, 16:30
I think Vandella is over that way as well. Breakfast Club meet up would be fun :D Pistonheads will have some details...

Akky
09-01-2013, 21:34
Hi both. Cool, I think the breakfast club meets at Goodwood start around spring. I try and go to as many as poss every year. Good to know you'll be up for a meet.

Akky
15-01-2013, 21:35
Hi all, Goodwood announced the breakfast club dates today. First up is tax free Sunday on 3rd March? You up for a meet up?

Im at brands doing a track day the thurs before... Let's hope the willy survives!

Vandella
17-01-2013, 10:39
i would be up for this... im a virgin to club meets and what not.. please be gentle!!

Akky
17-01-2013, 17:57
i would be up for this... im a virgin to club meets and what not.. please be gentle!!

@vandella, this is not really a club meet just a mini meet of 4 of us from the south. The breakfast clubs at Goodwood are themed events the first Sunday of each month. There's all sorts of metal there. Many car clubs use it as an excuse for a blast using Goodwood as the destination. We'll have to agree a place to meet up then convo it up to Goodwood!

Warby
19-01-2013, 12:03
I'm in Winchester, I nearly always go along to the breakfast clubs in my Williams 2 and I'm normally the only one there so would be great to meet up with some others.

Akky
19-01-2013, 21:50
Warby, good stuff. I've seen a willy in the car park a few years back just as I was thinking of getting one. It cemented the idea, maybe it was yours? Anyway ill be in touch on this thread nearer the time to sort meeting place and time.

Wobba
25-01-2013, 00:41
Warby, good stuff. I've seen a willy in the car park a few years back just as I was thinking of getting one. It cemented the idea, maybe it was yours? Anyway ill be in touch on this thread nearer the time to sort meeting place and time.

That might have been me or Arj256 years ago.

I am up for March.

Always some nice other cars to see too! Need some dents removed and misfire sorted, or I might have to bring BMW instead :(

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfast-club/breakfast-club.aspx

Wobba
25-01-2013, 00:54
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/Pistonheads09/DSC01056.jpg

Goodwood Breakfast Club 2009

The Williams on the right is sadly no longer with us, but it's parts live on. The Willy 1 on the left is still going strong.

Akky
26-01-2013, 18:25
Wobba good to hear, hopefully your willy gets sorted. The car I saw was a standard willy 1 it may have been TAC but I didn't note the plate - I wasn't a Williams obsessive at that point..... What is it with these cars...bloodly addictive.

I'll suggest somewhere to meet up and we can then head to Goodwood. Look forward to meeting you guys and checking out your cars.

Wobba
26-01-2013, 22:25
Lol yea :)

I would love to do a Breakfast Club thing again. So many cars and fellow petrolheads in a local area, and very few chavs!

Akky
06-02-2013, 08:39
Hi all

So for sun 3rd march for tax free sunday Goodwood breakfast club.....I think we have

Me
leigh anne
vandella
wobba
warby

My plan is. Meet up somewhere near Goodwood motor racing circuit, check out each others cars and then head down in to Goodwood to the breakfast club. Hopefully we can park inside the circuit together rather than the field car parks. I suggest meeting in Rolls-Royce motor cars works entrance car park. It's on Stane Street, Westhampnett, near Chichester at 8am (it's only a morning thing and is done and dusted by 11.30 ish). There will be no issues meeting there as I go there every day.

@warby- as you are in East Sussex you will have to come past Brighton. We could meet up early and drive across to Chichester if you want?

P.s If its pissing it down I doubt I will be going!

Wobba
06-02-2013, 09:32
Hi all

So for sun 3rd march for tax free sunday Goodwood breakfast club.....I think we have

Me
leigh anne
vandella
wobba
warby

My plan is. Meet up somewhere near Goodwood motor racing circuit, check out each others cars and then head down in to Goodwood to the breakfast club. Hopefully we can park inside the circuit together rather than the field car parks. I suggest meeting in Rolls-Royce motor cars works entrance car park. It's on Stane Street, Westhampnett, near Chichester at 8am (it's only a morning thing and is done and dusted by 11.30 ish). There will be no issues meeting there as I go there every day.

@warby- as you are in East Sussex you will have to come past Brighton. We could meet up early and drive across to Chichester if you want?

Great! Sounds like a plan :) If my Clio is not happy still I might have to bring the other car though...

Good work :)

Warby
16-02-2013, 11:12
Hi all

Me
leigh anne
vandella
wobba
warby

Sounds good to me, I'll see you at the Rolls Royce entrance for 8am if that's alright, I'll be coming down via Petersfield and the back roads so it's probably best if I meet you there. Same here about the weather, we can make a call the evening before.

DSilvaSport
16-02-2013, 20:05
Me
leigh anne
vandella
wobba
Warby
Bootstrap (m3)

Akky
16-02-2013, 20:50
Me
leigh anne
vandella
wobba
Warby
Bootstrap (m3)

Bootstrap..what E number you in?

DSilvaSport
18-02-2013, 01:59
46 bud. Willys are in bits atm.

Wobba
21-02-2013, 10:36
At the rate I am going I will be bringing the M5. Clio is being an absolute little shit!

Akky
21-02-2013, 21:48
At the rate I am going I will be bringing the M5. Clio is being an absolute little shit!

No worries Wobba. All M cas welcome!

DSilvaSport
27-02-2013, 16:03
Anyone west of Pompey who wants to meet on the way at Farlington Marshes car park and take the Funtington back road (B2147/B2146) to Chi let me know.

Wobba
01-03-2013, 10:27
I totally forgot about this meet guys, Clio still not fixed and MOT just expired. Will be in M5! Heated seats ftw :)

Warby
01-03-2013, 11:52
Weather looking good at the moment, but cold!

Akky
02-03-2013, 10:12
Weather looking good at the moment, but cold!

Yes weather is looking good. Prob for me is that I may have to look after my twin boys sun morning now as the wife is laid up in bed ill. If I'm coming I'll be there, in the RR work entrance car park at 8 in willy L791 VLR. hope to meet you guys tomorrow.

Warby
02-03-2013, 20:47
No probs, sorry to hear that and it's probably too cold to bring the kids, mine will be staying at home this time! I'll be at the RR entrance for 8 but won't hang around too long.

Wobba
02-03-2013, 23:00
8 am... okay I try get to bed vaguely early. I'll probably be knackered lol.

Wobba
03-03-2013, 04:59
...just got my grandmotehr to bed after a difficult night. It is unlikely I can make it and still have my wits about me! I will still try but right now I am exhausted!!!

DSilvaSport
03-03-2013, 19:25
errr , oooopps! Didn't quite make it, sorry to whoever turned up. On the plus side I was working on the car till half one in the morning and the engine is out - update coming soon.

Akky
03-03-2013, 20:51
errr , oooopps! Didn't quite make it, sorry to whoever turned up. On the plus side I was working on the car till half one in the morning and the engine is out - update coming soon.

Bootstrap No worries, it was just Warby and I in the end. We waited till 8.15 then headed to the circuit.

@Warby, nice to meet you and congrats on a very original willy 2. Very nice. Had a good morning and a great drive home. Willy 112 was faultless as ever. pm me ref tax disc holder if you want. I'll try and put some pics up ( if I can work it out)

@wobba, damm that was a late night. I woke at 5 am as ever as my boys body clock is shot and noticed you posted just 1 min before. Obviously the first thing I did was check the post. Next time.

Warby
04-03-2013, 21:17
Great to meet you Akky, really enjoyed the morning and looking over 112, it looks like you're a doing a great job and glad to hear 112 was on song on the way home! Look forward to seeing you there in the future and hope the others can make it next time. Here is a quick pic.