PDA

View Full Version : best suppliments

bigjim
19-08-2005, 19:34
would should i take to help add muscle? working out at gym at work now about 4 times a week and wondered if anything worth taking. saw whey drink or something in local bodybuilding shop advertised in window 2 for £65 :shock: is this any good? come on stromba tips please

Zollo
19-08-2005, 19:41
These may help ya mate....

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2838&highlight=supplements

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2236&highlight=supplements

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 20:25
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/King_Stromba/TheKing.jpg

Drink whole milk and whole eggs.

Take creatine

Lift heavy.

Dont drive fast, it wastes valuable growth energy :wink:

Martin
19-08-2005, 23:36
I'm surprised you are not using that pic for your avatar Rob...LOL

FATBOY
19-08-2005, 23:38

he is on his msn pic lol!!!!

jill
20-08-2005, 16:17

Mine's better :P

bigjim
20-08-2005, 19:28
what is this creatine stuff and where do i get it? ive got prolab n large 2 at the moment dont know if its helping or not tbh although stopped taking it for 3 weeks cause on holiday.

BRUN
21-08-2005, 22:29
get some whey powder to take after training

KingStromba
21-08-2005, 22:59
what is this creatine stuff and where do i get it? ive got prolab n large 2 at the moment dont know if its helping or not tbh although stopped taking it for 3 weeks cause on holiday.

Creatine is a substance found naturally in meat. When ingested it passes to the muscle where it bonds to a phosphate molecule.

During intense exercise your body uses ATP as a fuel (adenosine tri-phosphate). The ATP when spent becomes adenosine di-phosphate (because one of the phosphates has been used to create energy (the phosphate is required to drive glycolosis).

Creatine-phosphate donates a phosphate back to ADP to recreate ATP, so that more energy can be produced.

The more creatine you ingest the more creatine phosphate you have and the more energy you can produce (ie the more weight you can lift).

Just call me the guru :wink:

FATBOY
21-08-2005, 23:03
does it make ya shit smell rotten??? i had a work mate that was bang into his suppliments and his guts when he farted were disgusting!!!!

KingStromba
21-08-2005, 23:05
get some whey powder to take after training

After intense exercise you should take a mixture of carbs and protein. A mixture of whey and simple sugars is ideal to increase insulin secretion from the beta cells of the pancreas, as whey is rapidly absorbed and protein mixed with carbs causes the release of more insulin that carbs on their own.

Insulin drives sugar and protein into muscles so replenishing gycogen stores. Interestingly, glucose with more likely resynthesise muscle glycogen, whereas fructose (another common hexose) will resynthesis liver glycogen. For this reason the simple sugars should contain a mixture of both hexoses.

Taking creatine at the same time as simple sugars after intense exercise has been shown to increase its absorption in some individuals.

KingStromba
21-08-2005, 23:05
does it make ya shit smell rotten??? i had a work mate that was bang into his suppliments and his guts when he farted were disgusting!!!!

No, he was just a pig. :roll:

FATBOY
21-08-2005, 23:06
lol :D

Mattie
22-08-2005, 09:33
make sure you eat a gd diet as well m8....thats the key 2 building musle!

the best 1 i kno of is basically makin sure you eat alot of pasta, fish (tunas gd) and chicken!....all these are good 4 you and help you build muscle up quickly....try and eat sumthin like a tin of tuna, 1 portion of chicken n 1 portion of pasta a day.....or maybe 2 of the 3,

proteen sumpliments work gd as well, creatines porbably what you want (dont bother with the weight gain stuf its crap IMO) .....you can get it from most health shops, i sugest tryin Holland & Barrats they usually have sum gd sales on! :D thats if uv got 1 near u lol....

if not u can also buy them from Argos!....the prices depend on how much u buy....they can be as muh as £40 a tub maybe more, thats a massive tub though....id jus buy a smaller 1 1st m8 just 2 try it out untill ur in2 your routeen, then get a bigger tub!

u33db
22-08-2005, 11:03

I've had that NLarge stuff but Stromba told me it was full of cheap protein/waste of time...he's right - it's absolute rubbish...just throw it away. Get some whey protein and creatine like people have said, eat well and lots (easier said than done i know).

Swervin_Mervin
22-08-2005, 11:06
Do some ****ing hard graft. Gym built muscle is gay. :P

u33db
22-08-2005, 11:10
You're gay! :wink:

KingStromba
22-08-2005, 11:45
Every strong man / bodybuilder / weightlifter that is successful has built mass with power lifts (squat, deadlift and bench press) and whole fatty food (whole milk, whole eggs, cream, red meat) and lots of discipline.