PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

fabulicious
15-05-2012, 15:33
anyone got any planned?
I'm off to Sicily in a month. Never been so looking forward to it. Hear there are some nice driving roads around the island. 8) No willy with me so will have to make do with a rental :twisted:

16v_paddy
15-05-2012, 16:36
I've just got back from the Nurburgring 8)

Jamie.
15-05-2012, 21:22
Going on a cruise in a few weeks - my first. Looking forward to it.

stevie_b
15-05-2012, 21:43
I'm off to the 'Ring in a few weeks and then spending a week or so touring round northern Europe - Belgium, Holland, etc.

Jaymzfc
16-05-2012, 07:49
Sicily is lovely it's only 60 minutes away by catamaran for us and i go very often. Which area you going to Fab??? Agrigento is beutiful. Roads are veru good and the food omg the food.

fabulicious
16-05-2012, 08:36
Malta was certainly on my mind to visit Jay. I heard once they really appreciate the old school motors there?
We are flying into Palermo and plan to hop skip around the island and get in as much as we can for the time there but being realistic I will settle for good food and a beach umbrella. :D

jock
16-05-2012, 15:59
Funny I been thinking about Sicily recently as been watching Inspector Montalbano! There is loads to explore, Oct 04 I found myself in Palermo with a few days to kill en route from Dubrovnik to Palma. Stuck in the cheap marina with oil and dead rat floating past! Having had some nice meals and done the horse drawn tour, decided to rent a car and explore. Some roads are brilliant, it was still warm compared to uk and found big deserted beaches, villages perched on cliffs, went half way up Etna and got overtaken by a willy! took some of the crew to the airport and then went to the Enna circuit and my only regret was not sailing further north to see Stromboli lit up at night. Would love to return some day! :)

snowman
16-05-2012, 16:35
Cornwall to see friends for 2 weeks in August (doubt car will be finished so expensive shit rentacar)

Then Sierra Nevada mountains to hurl myself down them on a mountainbike in Sept 8)

schakal
16-05-2012, 17:02
Off to Turkey for 2 weeks on saturday :P :P

I am hoping to go to the ring before the end of summer ,then to las palmas ,helsinki and cuba before the end of year 8)

FATBOY
17-05-2012, 10:46
on way back from ibiza in 4 hours time :cry: been gorgeous!! :D

Coops
17-05-2012, 11:07
i'm going nowhere, went to the lakes for a week in march, that was this years holiday and its was absolutely awesome, we hit it right in that mini heatwave, full week of blazing sunshine and +20 degrees temps! never had such a good UK holiday!

buying house and car later this year so will be too skint go away but thinking of med or indian ocean islands for next year :-)

Red_Dash
17-05-2012, 13:42
I've been to Rome for a few days last month and then we're going off to Minorca soon for a week of all inclusive relaxation....aaaaaahhhhh 8)

Wobba
17-05-2012, 14:01
I need a new passport :(

stevie_b
17-05-2012, 18:55
I need a new passport :(

I just got mine renewed for this trip. Relatively painless process (bar the outrageous cost) as you don't need the photo signed anymore if you look similar to your old pic. Sent the form and old passport off from the post office and it was back within two weeks.

fasterthanjesus
18-05-2012, 01:21
going to be in south wales and lancashire from the 25th may till the 16th june. via kuala lumpa.

empty suitcase requires cambelt kit, rear shocks and head gasket set.

longing for a real pub and a proper pint!

gozziee
18-05-2012, 13:59
Off to Turkey for 2 weeks on saturday :P :P

me and the mrs just got back from honeymoon in turkey this morning. it was our first time there and we both loved it !!!!! deffo going back again :D