PDA

View Full Version : Valver Manifold

FlamingMonkey
18-08-2005, 18:57
Just got the car back, R19 16v manifold fitted.

Definately can feel a difference, plus it now sounds like a Scooby due to having no gasket on the downpipe, which will be rectified tomorrow :lol:

2live : The downpipe is deffo the same size bore as my decat, weird as a beard.

http://www.coates.eclipse.co.uk/pics/manifold.jpg

Andy
18-08-2005, 19:08
nice mate

J o n
18-08-2005, 19:36
so Rob, just so words cant be minced, is it faster? if so where? all through the power band I presume?

Slithers
18-08-2005, 19:42
Look nice in black they do

J o n
18-08-2005, 20:03
i'm gonna get mine soon, maybe this weekend if they have one...

is it an R19 downpipe then aswell Rob?

FlamingMonkey
19-08-2005, 00:11
i'm gonna get mine soon, maybe this weekend if they have one...

is it an R19 downpipe then aswell Rob?

Nope although I do have a R19 downpipe :wink:, this doesn't fit though as Mat investigated, the R19 doesn't have a dog bone mount so the downpipe is routed differently. For it to fit correctly you NEED a downpipe from a Clio 16v.

Yep deffo feels better and does feel faster, even though it's blowing, till i get a gasket. It seems to pick up a bit quicker, lower revs, could be my imagination, maybe not, I dunno, time will tell, but in mind it's quicker and I would recommend the Valver manfold to prospective new manifold buyers.

dannyt
19-08-2005, 07:57
Well what happens if you've already got one, what would you reccomend for me???? :wink:

Glad to hear it's all gone well, how much has it ended up costing you in the end Monkey?

Also when we meeting up for vids or have I missed it?

FlamingMonkey
19-08-2005, 09:43
Well what happens if you've already got one, what would you reccomend for me???? :wink:

Glad to hear it's all gone well, how much has it ended up costing you in the end Monkey?

Also when we meeting up for vids or have I missed it?

I'd recommend a nice packed lunch Danny mate :lol:

Cost me £45 delivered, that included 2 downpipes..lol as the first one was wrong.

Nope you ain't missed the vids meet, apparently we are rescheduling

Jamie.
19-08-2005, 13:50
thing is tho, dont having cams affect the gains that u will see from a manifold as compared to a stnd car?!. so if i was to get a valver manifold on my willy i wouldnt see/feel the difference that u have since u have other mods as well (cams)? as someone mentioned to me that trading a valver manifold for a willy will make u see a little more up top power but alot less low down pull, and poss having cams in ya car will compensate for this loss of power down the bottom of the rev range.
ona side issue what is the red line on yours now by the way monkey? u obv had ur cams and engine remapped?

FlamingMonkey
19-08-2005, 14:04
hmm could be I'm not really into the actual working side of it?

It's weird it's seems to pull stronger up hills rather than before, and picks up a little better below 4k, not a massive difference but noticable

Funniest thing is, the difference before and after Cams wasn't that noticable to me, the biggest gain since decat has been this manifold...lol

I'm still running on standard ECU this is going to be sorted next month, then I'm finished with modifying it, well except maybe some 4 pots from Mark :D

It is definateltly not running to its full potential till it's remapped, im sure I'll see another gain then.

Redline on ine is still 6400rpm ish due to running on standard map.