PDA

View Full Version : Inlet manifold removal

Dan172mak
12-03-2012, 11:43
Any ideas on how to remove it ? Fuel rail removed. And the top bolts removed but cant get at the ones underneath. Any ideas

16v_paddy
12-03-2012, 11:52
Horrible pig of a job to do :lol: Take off the slam panel & you'll be able to get the radiator to move out the way & give you more room to get at the nuts :wink:

Coops
12-03-2012, 16:12
iirc doesn't the power steering bracketry get in the way so needs to be loosened before the inlet can be squeezed out?

don't hold me to this, I haven't had power steering on my car for years now so I may be remembering stuff incorrectly :-)

Wobba
13-03-2012, 19:29
All nuts bar the lower offside one can be accessed without too much trouble.

The other brackets can be sorted easy, all except the power steering bracket, which is a pain. Loosen it off as Coops said and you can access the final nut near the PS pump.

It's a squeeze, but you will need to take off the drivers headlight to get access and the alternator probably, to get the bolts loose for big front PS pump bracket.

James5
14-03-2012, 10:08
Literally just done this on my hybrid a few day's ago is fairly easy just takes time, as above, bonnet off, unbolt slam panel, rad removed, clips for wiring loom on top of inlet, disconnet all connections from loom that are around the inlet, disconnect all vacum and breather pipes, unbolt 5th injector pipe 12mm bolt under inlet, remove stabiliser bar for inlet to block, Remove fuel rail, undo alternator securing bolts, use extenable and thin 10mm socket undo the bolts under the inlet, and do the one on the top side, don't forget the little black support bracket on the drivers side of the inlet 13mm bolts. Inlet should now come off :).

I still have to replace my alternator as I am missing the lower long bolt and I need to retension the alternator belt, which can be done with headlight out I believe 7mm hex and 12mm spanner. Not done it yet as trying to source long bolt, but may end up using an M10 bar and some lock bolts either end at this rate.