PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser urgent!

Willbee
09-03-2012, 18:05
Won't start!

Engine turns over but won't fire. Is there an immobiliser cut off and if so where us it? Pretty urgent. Thanks in anticipation!

andyleep
09-03-2012, 19:40
Just an idea. Try giving the crank sensor a clean. I had the same problem a while ago and thought it was immobiliser problems. Eventually found taking the sensor out and cleaning it, after refitting she started instantly

Willbee
09-03-2012, 19:44
Thanks for the tip mate. Where might I find it?

Willbee
09-03-2012, 20:11
Also, more details:

When I put the immobiliser thing in the socket next to my right knee, I usually hear the fuel pump and a third red light goes on on the dash. This doesn't happen now. Although the immobiliser light still does the quick flicker like I've disengaged it.

andyleep
09-03-2012, 21:09
That's a different type of immobiliser system to mine, and if the lights aren't operating as usual it sounds like it may be that which is at fault. The crank sensor is in the top if the gearbox, picking up off the flywheel. Remove the battery and air filter and you can access it. 2 bolts holding it on. But the 3 lights on the dash should all be on before the vehicle starts so Im guessing the problem is immobiliser related

northy
14-03-2012, 21:09
Check the relays in the engine fuse box, swap a relay around to see if it fixes your problem!!!