PDA

View Full Version : standard airbox wont fit...:(

172lover
25-02-2012, 21:56
Hi fellas 8)

I have fitted a 172 gearbox to my williams,
My only problem is I tried fitting the standard airbox(from the brothers J-reg valver) but its catching on the clutch cable and the two forks holding the cable :cry: ,

I have some induction kit that came with the car on it at the moment,
but I dont like it :evil:

I'd be WAY happier with the standard airbox and a caf from the front bumper.... it wont happing though,

whats my best way out of this problem :?:

16v_paddy
25-02-2012, 22:05
Sounds like you've got the gay soft pedal thing fitted to the gearbox instead of the normal size clutch fork.
The only way the airbox will fit is with some strategic butchery or fitting the standard clutch fork

diditno
25-02-2012, 22:30
As above. I had to take a part of the bottom of the inbox out. But I have the gay soft pedal thing as paddy put it. Hence why I was thinking of the group a scuttle thing instead

172lover
25-02-2012, 22:35
yep got the 172 clutch fork paddy :(
(also using the williams clutch cable)

looked like the airbox was hitting the other fork aswell and thats welding onto the gearbox :cry:

I'll give look at how much would need to be cut off the airbox but it would be kicking a dead horse I'd say :?

sigh :(

any other oem'sh looking airbox's fit?

you got any pictures diditno?
and did you have to take much off it?

diditno
25-02-2012, 23:54
As you look at he bottom of the airbox there is the part which has the cold air feed. That clips on to the rest of the casing. Take that section off and it fits. Did on mine

172lover
26-02-2012, 00:14
just take off the tip of the pipe on the airbox or take it off and cut some of the airbox there?

diditno
26-02-2012, 00:16
I took the whole section out. As you look at it there are two parts to the airbox. Just separate them. One section bolts on to the throttle body and the bit that has the cold air feed discard. It's fine then

172lover
26-02-2012, 00:21
so is your's just pure oval shape now without the caf entry? or is there a bit of the caf there?

last question(for now:wink:)

did you put a caf there or was there no room?

thanks a million8)

diditno
26-02-2012, 00:23
Mine didn't have a cold air feed/hose but now doesn't have one at all. It looks the same from the top, but is missing a section frm underneath. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow when I'm at the garage. Pm me your mobile number and I'll send it over tomorrow night for you.