PDA

View Full Version : clio gt turbo

TJ Dizzy
29-01-2012, 16:23
hello

Any one put a r5 engine in a clio on here or volvo 440 engine, is there much involed in this convertion?

atb
TJ

diditno
01-02-2012, 19:10
I did it years ago. A pain in the arse. Did the 5 turbo one. Don't do it if it's your every day car. I threw a lot of money at it and it was a complete waste of time and money.

hamloin
01-02-2012, 22:53
i did it the other way round clio 16v in 5. pretty easy really. infact if u use the volvo engine the block is the same as the 16v clio. so use the clio mounts and box and everything. id use the clio fly wheel as its lighter but the volvo clutch as its stronger. they bolt straight together. so only hastles is connecting the wires. there must be a guide to that on rtoc as its v common swap into 5s

volymmannen
08-02-2012, 19:04
i did it the other way round clio 16v in 5. pretty easy really. infact if u use the volvo engine the block is the same as the 16v clio. so use the clio mounts and box and everything. id use the clio fly wheel as its lighter but the volvo clutch as its stronger. they bolt straight together. so only hastles is connecting the wires. there must be a guide to that on rtoc as its v common swap into 5s
much easier in a R5 as the engine stands, not hangs as in the clio. i was surprised that a F4R has the mounting holes for R5 engine mounts, so for over 20 years they use same boltpatern but for different things.