PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers and or rear shockerz

fabulicious
16-01-2012, 21:27
Lemme know if you have anything available (Williams Fitment)
Good condition and must be cheap if that is at all possible.
Cheers.

2 live
17-01-2012, 01:53
they arent all that dear to buy new tbh. 5-600 should get a set of avo's. money well spent.

manxseven
17-01-2012, 09:48
Still got these if your interested:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42988

Simon

manxseven
17-01-2012, 09:49
Still got these if your interested:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42988

Simon

fabulicious
17-01-2012, 13:32
Surprised will.i.am.s2 didn't nab these on you?
Did you fit them and onto what? I just want to know will they drop the standard rear height at all and if so by how much? I'm not looking to lower the car by much(if at all) but I want to be rid of that lift in the front end when accelerating hard and the softer rear when cornering hard.

I'm going to be extremely cautious about jumping in on coilovers/shocks before parting with my OE suspension. I want a good balance between sport/track and OE.

Briefly looking at prices and suppliers there seems to be a few at around the £500 mark which is about the max I will go right now.

16v_paddy
17-01-2012, 14:40
You can only lower the rear by doing the torsion beam, nothing to do with what shocks are on the back :wink:

fabulicious
17-01-2012, 22:08
Mankseven thanks for the offer but i've sourced a set of shocks for the rear within budget. Good luck with your sale.:-)

Now i've just gotta get the front end hooked up tighter.

manxseven
17-01-2012, 22:22
no worries, I haven't yet used them or even fitted them. I may go OE - not sure yet.

Cheers,

Simon

fabulicious
17-01-2012, 22:43
no worries, I haven't yet used them or even fitted them. I may go OE - not sure yet.

Cheers,

Simon

Ok, lemee know if you decide to go oe. my current suspension is all genuine renault parts with 2K miles seen on them. maybe we can work something out. 8)

will.i.am.s2
18-01-2012, 21:14
I went for Koni damper adjustables in the end fabulicious :D These were tempting for the price thow.

Have only got the rears on so far as the fronts are valver fitment and need a bit of fetling first so they dont mess up the camber.

I set the rear shocks on there lowest settings and its made a massive difference to the back end over stock, going to turn them up on the weekend see what that does.

Avo adjustables are a good bet and demontweeks do good finance on them :lol: