PDA

View Full Version : mk1 Renault clio van beef up

TJ Dizzy
27-11-2011, 17:26
heelloo lads

Bassicly I currently have a mk1 clio 1.9D van its lovly..no im lieing its the biggest pile of poo out there,
But it gd enough for work lol, I was going to put a williams engine in it when it finaly dies BUT the bloody thing refuses to die no matter ho much i abuse her also after looking at williams engines and the work ect iv decided its prob best just to buy a williams lol
Anyways looking to beef her up..I want to raise her and maybe some 20mm spacers on the steely's and maybe some roof lights..its never gna be fast or good looking to want to go down the rugged look..

Sooo was woundering if any of u lads could throw some ideas my way and also how do i raise the suspention a little without rolling it when i go around a corner lol?

Would apricate no ( Scrap it comments)

ATB
TJ :wink:

Wobba
28-11-2011, 12:10
Is the front lowered already?

Could just get some different springs and dampers.

tutuur
28-11-2011, 14:22
Looks like the wheels are way too big!

Source some nice wheels, lower it by 40mm and give it a thorough clean!

schakal
28-11-2011, 14:32

Are you taking the piss or just plain retarded ? :roll:
Those wheels are 13" or 14" max .

luk3matth3ws
28-11-2011, 17:39
they just have massive profile tyres!

get it decked on some coilovers, roofrack, banded steels.

TJ Dizzy
28-11-2011, 18:46
Thanks for the reply lads

The wheels aint very big just large tyres just got them because they were cheap as im sure you can tell lol

I can't really lower it because i often carry quit a few tools in the back which can weight it down thats why i thought i would try raise it a little all round and stick wider wheels and chunkyer 4x4 tyers on it maybe repray it black over xmas, and slap a snokal air filter up the passenger side window i really dnt give a flying pig about this van i just wanted a little project for 2 weeks over xmas and somthing it have a laugh with lol

ATB
TJ :wink:

tutuur
28-11-2011, 21:32

Those wheels are 13" or 14" max .

Sry, meant tires! Don't forget i'm not from the UK :)

stevie_b
28-11-2011, 22:13

Jeez, bit strong. I knew what he meant. That front wheel in the pic does kind of jump out at you even though the rear is probably exactly the same size and looks more 'normal' :D