PDA

View Full Version : A list of parts I need to restore Williams 1

H4RRY
27-10-2011, 11:08
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to restore a Williams 1 that has seen better days and I've made a list of parts I need at the minute. Instead of messaging everyone breaking one (which I will resort to if this fails lol) I thought I'd put a list on here to see if I get any response. Please let me know if you have anything.

- Standard springs and shocks
- Parcel shelf
- Boot carpet
- Standard airbox
- Roof lining
- Rocker Cover
- I need the rear covers for the headlights but I'd understand if people only wnat to sell the whole of the headlights so please let me know if you do.

Thanks in advance!
Harry

H4RRY
27-10-2011, 11:22
Also:

- Black front grille (the black plastics grille that sits between the bonnet and the bumper)
- Rear strip that sits at the bottom of the boot lid, preferably with the Renault Clio badges on

FATBOY
27-10-2011, 17:48
grille here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290586368754

and some of the other parts (like rear strip) are available from renault parts direct(but may take a long time(been waiting over 45 days for sodding handbrake cables!!)

H4RRY
27-10-2011, 18:25
thanks for your help!

I'll take a look at Renault Parts, don't mind if I have to wait for some parts, I've got plenty to get on with while I wait.

Obivously that grille is for a normal mk1 clio, are they exactly the same then?

FATBOY
27-10-2011, 18:28
yes thats the grille for the phase 1 which is what the williams is

H4RRY
27-10-2011, 18:29
I'll have one of those then.

Thanks alot.

andyleep
27-10-2011, 20:00
I have a standard airbox with filter available

MatBrown
27-10-2011, 22:06
I have most of what your after.

wrighty
27-10-2011, 22:11
I am breaking a willy 2 that has the roof lining in, you are welcome to come and get it if you want it as too tricky to post although not too sure how to remove! Think the trick seems to be the heavy duty parcel banding and try and saw it off the glue?

H4RRY
27-10-2011, 22:21
I am breaking a willy 2 that has the roof lining in, you are welcome to come and get it if you want it as too tricky to post although not too sure how to remove! Think the trick seems to be the heavy duty parcel banding and try and saw it off the glue?

Thanks for the offer mate. I'll have to let you know, bit of a trek down to your place. I'd like to find a closer one but if I can't I'll give you a shout.

Thanks again.

wrighty
27-10-2011, 22:28
No worries, car not going anywhere for a while just yet! WIll try and salvage it out should the shell get scrapped. No pressure either way, best of luck on the road to restoration!