PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Williams Engine Mount

Dravvy
21-08-2011, 14:36
Hi guys,

Finally putting my Willy 2 back together after the cam belt broke a year ago... :lol:

In need of the engine mount on the front of the engine. Just to clarify, it's on the cam pulley side, not the g/box mount.

Thanks,
Dan

16v_paddy
21-08-2011, 19:24
When you say front do you mean the front of the block & bolted to the subframe or do you mean the main mount at the top of the engine?

Dravvy
21-08-2011, 23:51
Hi,

It's the main engine mount which bolts onto the cam pulley cover, near the power steering fluid reservoir.

Sorry, I mean't 'front' as in the front of the engine if you were looking at the engine longitudinally.

Thanks.

16v_paddy
22-08-2011, 03:08
Aaaahh I'm with you now, was just a bit confused :lol:

The next thing I'll ask then is which bit of that mount do you need? The rubber that bolts onto the chassis leg or the metal bit that bolts to the engine itself? I might have that bit sat in my shed & the other bit is £55 from GSF last time I bought 1 so probably better off getting a new one :wink:

Dravvy
22-08-2011, 19:13
Yeah, It's just the rubber part I need as mine has sheared in two.

If autofactors are the only option I'll have to bite the bullet.

I was just hoping for a cheeky cheap option

:wink:

MatBrown
22-08-2011, 20:49
You got a picture of the bit you need?

Dravvy
23-08-2011, 17:33
I've put my existing one in for the time being so I'll have to take a picture at a later date.

I don't need the aluminium part which bolts onto the engine, just the rubber side which bolts down onto the body. Within the rubber is a bolt which connects everything together.

Cheers.