PDA

View Full Version : Roll cage fitting

Kingscott
02-06-2011, 09:02
Hi Guys

Im fitting a second hand Bolt in roll cage, just a quick question if anyone can help me please.

I have come to fit the two rear sections (from the main hoop to the rear arches) question is do I use plates and sandwich the cage feet to the car (as per the rest of the cage) or weld two thicker plates directly to the arch and drill and bolt to that???

Ant help would be great.

Cheers

MAXIBOY
03-06-2011, 15:23
I would weld plates in under every mounting and then sandwich that in with the bolt in plates too

Coffee Mug
04-06-2011, 21:58
When you think about it its pretty irrelevant. The cage cant go down because the floor of the car is there, and it cant go up because the roof of the car is there. Cages are designed to fit into the shell and push outwards on it in the event of an accident. There is so little space in there that if you just had a cage and didnt attach it anywhere it would be a pretty good protective device.

As long as you stay in the middle of the cage, thats the important thing. Thats why the best cages have the seats attached to them.

Evogone
05-06-2011, 14:17
When you think about it its pretty irrelevant. The cage cant go down because the floor of the car is there, and it cant go up because the roof of the car is there. Cages are designed to fit into the shell and push outwards on it in the event of an accident. There is so little space in there that if you just had a cage and didnt attach it anywhere it would be a pretty good protective device.

As long as you stay in the middle of the cage, thats the important thing. Thats why the best cages have the seats attached to them.

Ignor above post.

Seat attached to the cage..... :?

Ensure plates are put on each point of the cage and if you get seat rails get them welded by someone who knows what there doin.....