PDA

View Full Version : clio maxi unfinished project

walters300
06-04-2011, 15:37
unfortunately due to working away for the next 18 months I have to sell my project car, a real bargain here for someone.

Good points.
1. fully rebuilt F7R with wossner pistons and rods. full low boost turbo set up, engine can take high boost no bother. only done 500 miles
2. maxi kit (rear wings are modified dimma all the rest is maxi.
3. prima racing 17" alloys with 4 as new yokohama parada spec 2 tyres
4. manual steering conversion
5. 182 big brake conversion
6. goodrich hoses all round
7. £600 worth of alarm (clifford)
8. full 2 1/2 inch stainless exhaust.
9. full set of powerflex bushes included but need fitting

to finish it needs
1. decent suspension
2. refit sunroof or bond on secondary roof skin which i have.
3. gearbox has slight noise indicating bearings will need doing.
4. front seats
5. finish body work and paint. 1litre of curacoa blue included
6. take the car to kj to ensure fuelling etc is correct and set up fuel pressure regulator
7. windscreen

and thats about it really....

I have to be realistic and accept a huge loss, as is always the case with something like this if you have to sell it so i am after £3750. I think this is a real bargain as the engine alone cost near that.. if anybody can post this add on cliosport for me it would be much appreciated as i am not a member on there,

Car is in ireland and shiply quotes to the uk are around the £300 mark or you could come over on the swansea cork ferry and make a weekend of it.

pm me for any further details or pics :wink:

walters300
16-04-2011, 17:44
http://youtu.be/X48aypM0G5M got it started for the first time this year last weekend and it fired first time and my w3 :D oil pressure gauge also worked on the 3 for the first time in 6 years! if any body can have a look at that video and confirm the readings are good or bad it would be much appreciated.

as you can see the work left on the maxi is mainly paint work.I have stuck the sunroof back in but the roof skin is included.

ollie16v
18-04-2011, 10:01
Seems like it could be an awesome bit of kit once its finished. Love the racing seat in the picture :wink: such a shame your not going to finish it. Best of luck with the sale.

walters300
18-04-2011, 18:57
:wink: thanks mate ! Would be great if someone on here bought it as i could see the finished article, all the hard work is done with only personal taste effects left really, perfect time for someone else to pick it up as i could spend money on finishing it to my taste and would have to ask more for it, at least now someone has a nice easy project which they can buy cheaper and enjoy finishing themselves would be the best and most satisfying way, i have tinkered with this for 4 years now and when it sells i will start my w3 maxi project, unfortunetely its not good enough for concourse so i might as well try and do what i would think renault would have done if they made a williams maxi from the factory, thats my plan! :)

walters300
18-04-2011, 18:59
oh forgot to mention id throw the seat in if your interested, only have the one though :wink:

walters300
10-05-2011, 14:02
how about £3400 would that stir anyone i wonder? Basically the price is based on 2k for the turbo set up, 1k for the shell, and 400 for the wheels/ brakes/ alarm etc, sounds a lot as a ball part figure but when you break it down its fek all! :wink:

walters300
03-06-2011, 09:44
getting a few bites now but no one is eating the worm :? how about £2995,

C3 WLM
03-06-2011, 12:36
ohhh............... :roll:

walters300
03-06-2011, 13:07
come to me fishy fishy :wink:

dimma
04-06-2011, 14:42
This has been Forsale for a long time now probably due to the price.to be honest I think a grand will be the amount you will have to take for it.With the current work climate theres not many people buying cars that need aload of money spending.that's what I think anyway

walters300
04-06-2011, 14:51
:P pistons and rods cost nearly that, it wont be going anywhere for that, id have thought now someone who ownes a turbo like yourself would understand the cost of building something like this, no more spam please :wink:

dimma
04-06-2011, 16:01
It's your joice how much you spend on a car in mods but any buyer wont pay you for what you decided to spend on your car.there's no such thing as getting you money back cause you decided to spend the money not the buyer.best of luck with the sale but I'd say if you want it gone you will have to take less.

walters300
04-06-2011, 17:55
:roll: theres a bit more than halfords stick on bits here or stainless back box, the engine alone cost 3k which is the asking price and its only done 500 miles, no panic to sell and if it doesnt go i aint bothered, for someone looking to build a jean ragnoti replica there is a big saving to be had, to get this far would cost 1400 for the kit, 3k for this spec engine done properly, and another 1500 easily for the other bits and bobs without the hassle of putting it all together, you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Allan
06-06-2011, 15:57
After putting together a similar spec car i know how much these things cost and 3k is less i paid just on my shell.
Infact come to think of it its less then the paint job for a decent full respray :D

So GL with the sale and its a total bargin for someone with the space.

Its on of those cars you either love or hate.

Tempted myself just for the engine lol but i really have to many clios now :S

stevie_b
06-06-2011, 16:38
Its on of those cars you either love or hate.

Tempted myself just for the engine lol but i really have to many clios now :S

Well I love them. Tempted myself just for the shell (spent too much pain and effort getting my own engine/box sorted). Want to propose a split Allan? :lol:

tutuur
06-06-2011, 17:20
It's a bommer i live in the Netherlands.

Will cost me a lot more to get it here and have to tax it etc...

walters300
06-06-2011, 19:50
:wink: thanks alan you of all people know the work and expense involved! I paid 3500 for this as a basic valver turbo in 2007, then spent 3k on a dimma conversion, then another 4k on removing/ rebuilding and refitting the engine and then decided i wanted a maxi! I have enjoyed the journey and learned alot so i dont mind losing all that cash, if id bought a near new focus or something it would be the same without the fun, my w3 aint good enough for concourse so thats going maxi and i will keep my eye out for a mint w1 to complete the picture for me, 3k will only get me a kit/ compomotive wheels/ tyres and spacers for the w3 project to put it into context :wink:

walters300
17-06-2011, 21:01
this is getting better than price drop tv! had another look at it today and i want it gone as i have my plans finally totally sorted for the w3, I am going to remove the alarm and sparco steering wheel and start it at 2500 on ebay.
If it doesnt go for that I am going to plant tomatoes in it :P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130534659038

Coffee Mug
19-06-2011, 22:07
Just keep it and get the ****er built, youve done the hard bit. Dont be gay.

walters300
20-06-2011, 19:44
i know i am being a total george michael here rob :oops: and ive really found it hard to cross over to maximum gayness. I fully expect it wont sell and i will be forced back away from sausage jockey antics, but i have 2 cars on the drive which would take at least 4k to get right and seeing how bad the prices are and the fact nobody in ireland will insure the maxi i have had a captain sensible look at it, sure see how it goes :wink:

walters300
07-08-2011, 20:46
have a buyer for the shell, anybody want the engine/ turbo set up for 2k?

Wobba
07-08-2011, 21:33
What exactly does the engine consist of?

walters300
08-08-2011, 22:05
sorry for the delay there didnt see the post, everything required including all pipework ecu etc, no gearbox or driveshafts but exhaust downpipe etc etc included, may sell engine for 1500 and 500 for all the bits :wink: