PDA

View Full Version : Decat problem..

JamieG
01-04-2011, 23:18
Guys,

I have had two decat pipes for my car, but neither fit. One was a adjustable and one a williams standard decat.

They both have the same problem, the lip on the downpipe is too big for the inlet on the decat and won't fit inside.

Is it possible to have the wrong downpipe on my car?

Jamie

Wobba
02-04-2011, 12:15
It's a standard downpipe? Should fit. You tried both ends of the decat, right?

What decat types are they and how far off is the fitment size? On one of my pipe sleeves I had to adjust it very slightly with a hammer to get it on.

JamieG
02-04-2011, 14:08
Yeah, standard manifold and downpipe.

Everything appears to be correct, bar the lip on the downpipe, I am tempted just to 'modify' it to fit.

I have a fixed decat pipe in Williams fitment and an adjustable twist valver/Williams decat and they both suffer from the same issue. The internal bore on the cats appear to be much bigger than the internal diameter of the decat.

fab
04-04-2011, 17:43
Any joy Jamie?

JamieG
04-04-2011, 20:15
Not had any as such yet, going to look at it, think I'm just gonna take the lip off both parts and just have a flush fitting, seems easiest way to sort it.

Got the manifold thanks fab, much less blowing involved now :)

fab
04-04-2011, 20:18
No worries.
Had this problem myself with a decat supplied by an exhaust supplier. When you get it done can you show me some pics cause I am looking to get around the issue also.
Thanks.

cliokiz
18-05-2011, 12:16
I've got a decat which has the correct flanges to fit perfectly against the F7R downpipe. See the for sale section.