PDA

View Full Version : Mk4 Golf 1.4 16v 1999

Plattsy
31-03-2011, 00:55
Im after selling my mk4 golf, would prefer a swap for a willy/valver.

Its a 1999 1.4 16v 3dr in silver
MOT until september
TAX until June

Has around 107k on the clock with no service history when i bought it but since my dads a VW enthusiast and restores classic VWs hes done all the work.
It has recently refurbished S3 alloys in gloss black with nearly new pirellis on the front.
Around July last year, about 6k miles ago it had the cylinder head rebuilt due to poorly valve stem oil seals. The head and pistons were all decoked.
Both cam belt and aux belt and tensioners were replaced aswell as one of the pulleys.
At the same time the filters and oil were replaced.
Also at the same time the front discs and pads were replaced and the calipers (front and rear) were stripped and sprayed in red.
I plugged it into the VAGCOM and said there was an ABS fault which just required a sensor replacing and no other faults were found.
2 months ago the rear discs and pads were replaced and the handbrake was readjusted.
I bought this from a friend who told me that it had the rear calipers replaced and the belts and water pump and the clutch, but i dont have any proof to back this up.
Bad points:
The cars getting old now and has the odd scratch hear and there but nothing serious and has never really bothered me but i was told that it could all be corrected with a machine polisher.
The interior plastics have some scratches and the drivers seat has a small tear which has been poorly repaired.
The service indicator is on but this will be serviced in the next week or so just waiting for filters to arrive.
The temperature gauge sometimes doesnt work but a new sensor arrived yesterday and just needs fitting.
I cant think of anything else any questions just ask..
Willing to swap for a good valver or willy or £1700

Thanks
Craig

Plattsy
31-03-2011, 00:55
pics on facebook album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=512900880&aid=154857

Plattsy
04-04-2011, 22:38
Any interest? im open to offers