PDA

View Full Version : f4r question

hamloin
26-03-2011, 17:55
does anyone know how much the vvt advances cam timing in degrees.
im trying to advance the cams to find the power. im using a megasquirt that dont have a facility for vvt so i want to set it advanced all the time

Laine_16v
26-03-2011, 20:28
16 Degrees inlet advance.

However you are going about it the wrong away, instead of faffing around trying to do some sort of customer timing setup.....

Put an ignition live feed to the VVT solenoid that way its permanently engaged. Simples ;)

hamloin
26-03-2011, 20:40
Thanks
my problem is i tried that and it made a noise that sounded like a loud rattle almost like valves hitting pistons. now im not sure if its a ****ed dephaser pully or if it is actually valves hitting pistons I have skimmed the head a fair bit but but the skim marker is still visable so i guess it should be fine.
I skimmed 0.7 off to get 11.5 cr ratio

ANY IDEAS????

sideways danny
26-03-2011, 21:30
I've only seen that happen once before when VVT is activated, and the pistons had been fitted the wrong way round so the valve reliefs were too small and the valves were kissing the pistons.

I'm very surprised that MS doesn't have a switched output, all it needs to do it turn on above 1600rpm, then off again at roughly 6500rpm

hamloin
26-03-2011, 22:21
yea i havent touched the bottom end so it cant be that. thing is the noise sounds more towards the belt end. so how bad does it sound when the pullys are shaged??? and do they only make noise when activated only???
also how much can u skim off a head safely??

CyccX
27-03-2011, 10:04
I'm very surprised that MS doesn't have a switched output, all it needs to do it turn on above 1600rpm, then off again at roughly 6500rpm

of course MS have switched outputs, even MS1 have 4 programmable outputs. So hamliin can use one of them to control the VVT selenoid