PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 16v engine,ecu and loom

yeti1986
15-03-2011, 18:08
hi i need as above as my friends valver has given up but he wants the matching ecu and engine loom too for some reason

thanks

cliokiz
15-03-2011, 20:35
He'll need to make sure the loom that he fits with the engine matches the phase of the car he's fitting it into (if he's not using the original loom for whatever reason)

Otherwise you could have allsorts of fun and games with the fuel pump.

yeti1986
15-03-2011, 20:43
Cheers it's not really for a friends it for md as I'm doing the Volvo conversion so I'll need the phase 1 engine and loom as it doesnt have a immobiliser .

Any one have one at a good price have cash waiting

Thanks

cliokiz
15-03-2011, 20:50
It's not the loom that contains the immobiliser it's the ECU, the Phase 2 ECU's need linking to a black box behind the dash or something like that.

If you're doing a volvo conversion and connecting wires together then any phase loom should be fine, you just need a Ph1 ECU.

Just make sure the fuel pump wiring side of things is right.

Hope i've not misunderstood what you're trying to do :D

yeti1986
15-03-2011, 21:34
No you havnt it has helped a lot thanks

Think I might have an engine but the person is offline now lol but thanks didn't Realise the looms where the same just that the Ecu is different thanks now I know :)

cliokiz
15-03-2011, 21:46
Nono you misunderstood.

The looms differ between the phases, there's around 3 different looms that were used i seem to remember (Ph1, Ph1.5, Ph2, and other possible variations i think), and then you've got the Ph1 (non immobilised) and Ph2 (immobilsed) ECU's.

The williams ECU's didn't come with immobilisers.

If you're dropping an engine into a clio (valver/williams?), try to use the loom that came with the car if you know it's a good one. If you need a replacement, you'll have to try and find one with the same pin outs on the brown and white plugs, as Renault decided to change it between the phases for some reason.

So this is why when you fit a new loom, the fuel pump wiring doesn't match up and your fuel pump won't prime (if it's not the correct loom, that is)

I've got no experience with this as i've always used the loom from the car when fitting an engine, this is all just things i've read about on various forums so i might not be correct about everything :)

schakal
16-03-2011, 00:04
I have a good running 1.8 16v engine for sale :D

yeti1986
16-03-2011, 01:09
Oh ok lol my bad

You misunderstood me too loans if you look at a post or two up you will see I'm actually doing a Volvo 340 conversion I wassaying that as I have a few mates in here that I wanted to keep it qiuet from lol as so I could just turn up with it one a surprise te fook out of them lol

I have found an engine out of Renault 19 as thats the same engine as the 16v but the Ecu has been decoded so that's cool.

I Know I can hard wire the fuel pump in but what about the Ecu wiring loom which i will hard wire into the volvo,can I do something with that to make the Ecu prime and run the fuel pump of that?