PDA

View Full Version : Piston rings

chip
22-02-2011, 16:41
Where is the best place to get OEM quality rings for the F7R?

I believe the renault dealer still do them at about 35 quid a cylinder but that seems a little on the steep side (as you expect with main dealers) so I wondered where people normally get them from?

Not interested in cheap aftermarket ones, just want to get a good price on a quality set.

Likewise a Reinz headgasket set, a decent bottom end set, etc.

Ive got my usual engine parts supplier that I use for other make engine parts on the case but I dont normally use him for renault bits and im not sure how quickly he'll be able to get them for me and I have a trackday soon that I was hoping to do a quick freshen up before.

Also after some ARP rod bolts although I suspect I can get those cheaper than through any of the renault suppliers anyway as I buy a lot of these already for other engines, but again if you think of anywhere decent that would have them in stock it would be a bonus as time is as much an issue as cost really.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chip

Lunner
26-04-2011, 13:08
I struggled like anything to get a set, in the end Craig @ APD sourced me a set, forget how much they were now, otherwise it was Renault, whihc as you say are stupid expensive.

chip
26-04-2011, 13:33
I bought some through a guy I use for engine parts on other engines in the end.

Were still a fair whack though, dont remember exact price as it was in with a bigger order that had a couple of sets of cams and uprated valve springs and some ARPs etc, but Im pretty sure it was still well over 100 quid for the 4.