PDA

View Full Version : ESSEX PEEPS

FATBOY
14-02-2011, 22:48
anyone fancy trying this new place out for a meet???

http://www.8balldiner.com/

Squeak
14-02-2011, 23:46
Sounds like a plan. Organise something over here and ill organise on c16v as im the South East area Rep. Also will contact Vicky on CS

ThRaXaIR
14-02-2011, 23:48
looks cool that does! i want one of those in the west country!!

FATBOY
14-02-2011, 23:53
make it an inter club meet clio squeak. send em an email and arrange a date for clio's / french cars only

Squeak
15-02-2011, 00:25
fatboy any chance of you arranging dates? as then i can forward them on. im already arranging a group buy and possibly some other bits

stevie_b
15-02-2011, 09:21
I'm definitely up for this - it's only a few miles down the road from me! In fact I could probably come on the bicycle and then enjoy a few beers! It's owned by a mate of a mate and I already have a trip planned so if you want me to check out the facilities (number of car park spaces, etc.) then let me know, or once you have a date in mind I can pop in and help make arrangements if you need?

FATBOY
15-02-2011, 13:04
erm well i dont think we will get to many from this site TBH. but if lets say early april when its a tad warmer. sounds good steve, give it a check out :D

Elaine1983
24-02-2011, 14:41
I could be up for this....looks a bit like Ace Cafe. :-)

stevie_b
28-02-2011, 09:26
I went there yesterday. Car park is pretty large. Diner has seats for about 40 people, but could fit more standing and on sofas. Bar not open yet - should be next week, licence permitting. I think it would be fine for smaller meets like we would probably have - the Essex ROs from the BMW club and Porsche club were there and I think they might have trouble if a large number of members turn up - the car park would suffice for most petrolheads as overflow to stand around and have a natter but the roar from the A12 a few feet away makes conversation outside the building slightly tricky!

1982disco
01-04-2011, 09:09
Looks good, let us know dates for a meet. I bought a Williams 3 recently and would appreciate you guys looking over it.

stevie_b
01-04-2011, 20:49
More than happy to! Would people prefer a weekend evening or during the week? I'm close enough to be fine with either, but if you are coming a fair way you might prefer a Saturday night? Maybe aim for a date towards the end of April or sometime in May to give people time to book it in the diary?

stevie_b
10-05-2011, 10:01
Are people still interested in meeting up there? Any suggestions of dates and I will give them a bell to tell them we're coming, etc.

Minichapperz
17-07-2011, 21:03
Im up for that any time apart from wsr/ trax etc etc

FATBOY
24-07-2011, 22:48
theres a french car meet on friday 12th august. 6pm onwards! come on peeps!!! im defo going...

stevie_b
24-07-2011, 23:10
Sounds good. I don't think I can get there much before about 8 but I'm definitely up for it.

Minichapperz
25-07-2011, 13:51
yeh im gonna put a post up on retro aswell

the link
http://www.8balldiner.com/va-va-voom-french-car-night-%E2%80%93-8th-july/

stevie_b
11-08-2011, 08:12
Anyone still planning on going to this tomorrow night?

stevie_b
12-08-2011, 11:08
anyone?

Minichapperz
12-08-2011, 11:40
i plan to :D

FATBOY
12-08-2011, 18:06
im leaving now steve

stevie_b
12-08-2011, 19:48
Blimey - that's early! I've just got home. I'll get the car out of the garage and head down there shortly!

Minichapperz
12-08-2011, 20:17
had to pull out on this one sorry guys, came out of work to turn the key and the starter motor had given up :lol: great timing :roll:

FATBOY
12-08-2011, 22:40
^^^^^ you were lucky then! not many turned up! i got there at 7pm and had a meal there(very nice) and all that turned up was a 306, and a renault 5 turbo(pulled in and went round the car park and went). steveieb rang me at 8pm and i said dont bother its shit. and i left at 8.15pm and it was still dead.

Minichapperz
12-08-2011, 23:28
Humm you up for ace cafe on the 15 th ? i think lol

stevie_b
22-03-2012, 17:12
Now the weather has picked up a bit I'm eager to start going for some 'runs' and there are a couple of car-related events coming up that I thought I might go to. Is anyone on here interested in meeting up at either of these over the next few weeks?

This Sunday, 24th March. Open day at JD Classics, Maldon.
http://www.jdclassics.co.uk/
I've been a few times before. Tour of their workshop/restoration facilities. They do a lot of work on classic Jags and have lots of beautiful old cars in their showroom. They also do car storage so you can wander around the buildings and get up close to a myriad of classics, F1/LeMans cars and more modern stuff too (last time they had an Enzo, Merc SLS, Alfa 8C, etc. there). Literally millions and millions of £ worth of cars under one roof! I can't see this advertised on their site so there is a possibility that it is invitation only, so I suggest that if there is any interest we either convoy down there together or meet up at an agreed time in their car park so we can all go in together.

Sat 7th April at The Hare near Chelmsford. 'Breakfast club' meeting. I've not been to one yet but I think it is just a chance to ogle some nice cars that could turn up and enjoy a coffee and pastry for breakfast:

http://www.pieandpintinns.co.uk/pdf/breakfastclub2012.pdf

This event is definitely 'public' so we don't need to make any arrangements and you can just turn up on the day, or not, but I just thought that if anyone else was interested it might be a good place to meet up as all Williams owners are car enthusiasts!

MG1980
22-03-2012, 22:30
I'm up for the April meet! I've got parental duties this weekend!!

stevie_b
22-03-2012, 23:06
I'm up for the April meet! I've got parental duties this weekend!!

How old are your kids? I know they are more than happy for kids to go as I have taken my two (now 5 and 8, but would have been about 4 and 6 last time) a couple of times previously.

I made a mistake in the date above anyway - Sunday is the 25th of course.

It seems it wasn't only me that was interested in getting out in the car this weekend as I have just received an invitation to go to Maxted Page on Saturday too. http://www.maxted-page.com/ Again if anyone is interested (when I went last year they had 2 GT40s, James Hunt's old Lola, JayKay's Porsche RS and a load of other Porsche racers) then let me know and I'll make some arrangements.

I hope is stays dry as I could have quite an enjoyable weekend!

MG1980
22-03-2012, 23:25
My girl's 9 buddy. I'd have loved to go, but the other downer is my car is at the body shop having the front end resprayed and I probably won't get it back until Monday. If I can get it back on Saturday I'll post up tomorrow!!

stevie_b
23-03-2012, 09:12
Sure, no probs. The JD Classics thing is certainly a fairly regular thing over the Summer - I know I went at least twice last year - so if you can't make this weekend it's not like it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance missed! I'll post up again when I hear about the next open day date - last year they seemed to advertise it on their website but this year they sent me an email which makes me wonder whether the 'public' format has changed. I'm almost certainly going down there on Sunday so I'll find out more about this year's plans then no doubt.