PDA

View Full Version : Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo

C3 WLM
12-02-2011, 23:33
2009 Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo, Metallic Black, 19” staggered wheels, Switch-Tronic gearbox with paddle shift, suits the cars, and power delivery beautifully, 33,700 motorway miles, Black kidney grills (chrome available is preferred) full BMW service history, just had its 30,000 miles service, plus a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 2’s with the * compound as recommended by Alpina. Imaculate condition, still looks new, waxed and detailed whenever weather permitted!

A very exclusive car, with circa 70 cars hand built per year, this one’s number 30, as illustrated by the silver-plated plaque. More torque than an M3, however returns 45-55mpg, and road tax is a mere £125 per year, so it has it all, performance: 0-60 in 6.9 and 155mph, incredible handling: bespoke Alpina setup, style and exclusivity and very low running costs, plus beautiful attention to detail, for example the help weight distribution and sprung weight the air valves are in the centre of each rim, under the lockable cover, with the air fed though a hollow wheel spoke. EVO Magazine said “the D3 was quite simply the best long-termer I’ve ever run”, to read the full article see here: http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/en/alpina-downloads/roadtests-de/d3-bi-turbo.html

Please do your homework, this is no normal BMW diesel, and don’t mixup with the earlier D3, as the Bi-Turbo is a totally different car, I’m devastated I have to part with the car, but new business venture means I have to make sacrifices, hence why it’s the best value Bi-Turbo on the market at the moment. Come and see it and drive it you’ll be blown away! All photos taken this morning, for more hi-res shots please visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulduddle/sets/72157625905921345/ cherished plate will be removed before sale, also L200 is also up for grabs if anyone is interested. Advertised else where so reserve the right to end the auction early, also winning bidder has to pay £100 deposit via paypal at close of auction. Please check out my other items, and please feel free to ask any questions or call me on 07766511053.

Full spec:

· Air conditioning,

· Automatic Airbags - front, side and head airbags, for driver and passenger

· Alarm system, Thatcham category 1

· Auxiliary input point for auxiliary playing devices (e.g. MP3 player)

· Bluetooth telephone preparation

· Bootlid opening via remote key

· Brake Energy Regeneration

· Central locking with crash sensor

· Child seat ISOFIX attachment - front and rear, with passenger airbag deactivation

· Cruise control

· Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)Digital speedometer readout via Info Display in instrument cluster

· ALPINA door sill finishers

· Dynamic brake lights

· Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) incl. Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)

· Electric Power Steering (EPS) with Servotronic

· Electric windows, with open / close tip control

· ALPINA Exhaust system, stainless steel with polished tailpipes

· Extended lighting

· Exterior mirrors - heated, electric adjustment

· First aid kit and warning triangle

· ALPINA Floor mats

· Fog lights incl. heated windscreen washer jets

· ALPINA Front spoiler

· ALPINA Rear spoiler

· Halogen headlights with twin side-light corona rings

· Head restraints, front (anti-whiplash) and rear

· Anthracite headlining,

· Heat absorbing thermal glass

· ALPINA blue Instruments

· Interior light system with 'soft on/soft off' function

· Interior trim: Black high-gloss

· Mobility System

· ALPINA leather Multi-function steering wheel with green & blue stitching and gear change buttons

· On-Board Computer with extended functions

· Rear Park Distance Control (PDC),

· Silver plated production plaque,

· BMW Professional CD Radio

· Rear-view mirror, automatically dimming

· ALPINA remote key for central locking

· Revcounter with Energy Control

· ALPINA SWITCH-TRONIC Sport Automatic Transmission (6-speed), manual function

· Front ½ leather Sport seats, inc adjustable knee support, and electric bolster adjustment

· Sport suspension

· Toolkit located in luggage compartment

· Tyre Puncture Warning System

· ALPINA CLASSIC 19" Wheels

Here’s what Alpina Say:

The D3 Bi-Turbo’s underpinnings are provided by a BMW 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, turbo-charged diesel engine with an aluminium block. A Bosch common rail high-pressure injection system running at 2,000 bar and utilising Piezo injectors ensures maximum efficiency. Two turbochargers of different sizes force-feed the engine. The smaller of the two provides boost from tick-over and helps the four-cylinder yield an impressive 400Nm (295lb-ft) of torque at 1500rpm, reaching a peak torque of 450Nm (332lb-ft) at a mere 2000rpm. The larger turbocharger is fully engaged from approximately 3000rpm onwards, enabling the engine to reach a peak performance of 214hp.

Extensive development work and thousands' of miles of testing have resulted in optimised turbo charger and fuel injection system mapping. The new D3 Bi-Turbo unit revs freely up to 5200rpm, while most diesel aggregates today don't even contemplate going past 4500rpm. The exceptionally smooth power delivery can be further enhanced with the optional ALPINA SWITCH-TRONIC automatic transmission, providing the freedom of manually selecting gears utilising buttons on the back of the steering wheel.

The D3 Bi-Turbo uses suspension technology quite similar to the BMW ALPINA B3 Bi-Turbo, an automobile whose suspension and chassis set-up has received rave reviews from the press. Excellent rigidity and five-arm rear suspension provide ALPINA great potential for the highest levels of driving dynamics. The strut and spring calibration is appropriately sporty, matching the D3’s character. Thanks to the low kerb weight, extraordinarily agile and lightfooted handling has been achieved. The standard low ratio tyres and weight-optimised ALPINA CLASSIC light-alloy wheels yield outstandingly exact steering and great feedback.

ALPINA typical interior and exterior design cues demonstrate the D3 Bi-Turbo‘s individuality and elegance. Attractive light-alloy wheels, an instrument cluster with blue dials and a leather sports steering wheel with ALPINA emblem and multi-functionality are standard on the D3 Bi-Turbo. Front and rear spoilers minimise lift and underscore the D3‘s athletic lines while signature t

Evogone
13-02-2011, 08:47
Mega car i had the old one but the new Bi turbo one out the 123d is loads better, would have had one of these but they took it off the company car list....! Great car apart from being auto :wink:

stevie_b
13-02-2011, 10:58
Looks mint Paul. Good luck with the sale. If I ever needed to get a diesel this would be the kind of thing I'd be getting - was looking at Alpinas (though b10s) a few months ago and really like them.

C3 WLM
13-02-2011, 13:20
Cheers all, I do a fair few miles so auto is sensible and actually the manual paddles work really well! Plus the box suits the diesel engine and torque perfectly, your not up and down the box every second, and the power comes in like a wall, and doesn't stop until silly speed.

Gutted I'm parting company as the economy / running costs are amazing, plus for those how know, the subtly and exclusivity attracts the right kind of attention.

I'm starting my own business, so need some cash, but the Williams is staying and going to be joined by a Clio Trophy and a R26, well that's the plan, I'll keep you updated, or if anyone see's any cars too good to miss please shout!