PDA

View Full Version : Standard ECU and Tuning

Smokey McPot
18-01-2011, 14:50
I have a couple of questions regarding ECU's and standard cars.

Firstly, are there any improvements to be made on the standard set up with bespoke ECU setup?

Secondly can the standard ECU be altered to do this without the need of an intermediate unit?

I dont really know a lot about remapping or ECU tuning, but it seems to me that a lot of work requires another unit either to replace the standard one or to piggyback on to it.

Anyone want to school me?

Wobba
18-01-2011, 15:18
Yea, you can remap the OE ECU. Speak to KJ16V.

2 live
18-01-2011, 20:34
oe ecu can be chipped, i.e a new eprom fitting . as far as i know the eprom in the ecu cannot be re-mapped without taking it out, unsoldering the original, resoldering a carrier for new eprom. not 100% sure if the original can be overwritten. i would imagine not tho tbh.

as for gains. a couple bhp could, and i stress could be added, and of course the rev limit upped to a more usable 7k. not sure why the limit was set so low from the factory tbh, altho the stroke will have a major factor on that.

Smokey McPot
18-01-2011, 22:26
I'm not to fussed regarding MOAR POWAHHH but I am interested in making it a little smoother.

I shall do some investigating, thanks guys :)

kj16v
19-01-2011, 01:02
Hi, Smokey. Yes that's right I can remap your standard ecu.

Coincidentally, I just finished remapping n9kie's standard Williams this weekend and I have to say I was pretty chuffed with the results :D : We did back-to-back power runs before and after remapping. 150bhp before and 157 bhp after - so a proven +7 bhp :) .

More importantly though; the car is nicer to drive, with more 'punchy' acceleration.

J o n
19-01-2011, 09:06
Excellent results there kj16v, bet the owner's chuffed to bits

Wobba
28-01-2011, 18:17
Hi, Smokey. Yes that's right I can remap your standard ecu.

Coincidentally, I just finished remapping n9kie's standard Williams this weekend and I have to say I was pretty chuffed with the results :D : We did back-to-back power runs before and after remapping. 150bhp before and 157 bhp after - so a proven +7 bhp :) .

More importantly though; the car is nicer to drive, with more 'punchy' acceleration.

What mods did n9kie's car have?

Wobba
28-01-2011, 18:23
Oh and what are you charging for that service KJ?

kj16v
28-01-2011, 22:48
Hi Wobba

IIRC, N9kie's Willliams is running just a Pipercross induction kit and decat.

Live-maps are just £150 (£130 for subscribed WC members :) )

Dyno power-run and printout is £55

Cheers, Jon. I was hoping N9kie would post something on this thread but I don't think he's been on WC for a while, but yeah he was pretty chuffed!

zmaster2k
29-01-2011, 16:01
Doing mine in 2 weeks, cant wait!

Cammed F7r with Group a inducction, mongoose, pas delete, decat