PDA

View Full Version : upgrades

canelloni
07-01-2011, 12:42
time for an engine rebuild thanks to the auxillary belt fouling the cam belt while its all in pieces are there any recommendations of parts to replace with upgraded/uprated ones over standard :roll:

n9kie
10-01-2011, 23:03
i would be interested to here some answers to this to

c110mk
10-01-2011, 23:15
hi mate, where are you in chesterfield i'm only in tupton and am just re-building a hybrid. what kind of thing are you thinking of, cams n stuff like that..? i've just got my crank knife cut lightened and balanced at cottrell engineering for a good price...?

canelloni
11-01-2011, 19:56
Just thought ide ask about possible options might just leave it standard not sure. I'm in brimington not far away then

16v_paddy
11-01-2011, 20:27
hi mate, where are you in chesterfield i'm only in tupton and am just re-building a hybrid. what kind of thing are you thinking of, cams n stuff like that..? i've just got my crank knife cut lightened and balanced at cottrell engineering for a good price...?

How much did that cost? Have you got contact details for them as I want to get my crank lightened

c110mk
12-01-2011, 21:46
£200 but i've known him since i was 4.. i'll let you know what its like as soon as i get it back he's alittle busy at the mo, but I could ask him about a group buy or doin a few at a time to get a bit more discount if anyones interested...?
yeah not far at all mate if you need a hand with anything just give me a shout i'm in most saturdays.. :wink:

canelloni
12-01-2011, 22:53
cheers pal just picked a load of engine bits up but engine was out of a 05 megane so only bottom end internals of any use so still looking for head bits :roll:

16v_paddy
13-01-2011, 00:25
£200 but i've known him since i was 4.. i'll let you know what its like as soon as i get it back he's alittle busy at the mo, but I could ask him about a group buy or doin a few at a time to get a bit more discount if anyones interested...?

Cool, I deffo want mine doing but there's no rush atm, got lots of other bits I need to buy 1st :roll: but I'll keep in touch about it :wink:

c110mk
13-01-2011, 20:49
sound mate i'll get some pics up as soon as i get it back so you can see what its like.. :wink:

c110mk
13-01-2011, 21:00
cheers pal just picked a load of engine bits up but engine was out of a 05 megane so only bottom end internals of any use so still looking for head bits :roll:
i may have or be able to get hold of a valver head if thats any good to you mate..? :wink:

2 live
13-01-2011, 21:31
iirc minisport used to charge about £60 for l/b bottom end on 4 stroke. most machining places wont charge that much....as for knife edging.....why??? not as tho the crank is having to cut thru the oil as in old skool xflows/a series etc.

canelloni
13-01-2011, 21:36
Mat browns sorted me a complete head cheers needs to be a Williams as opposed to a valver

c110mk
13-01-2011, 22:29
iirc minisport used to charge about £60 for l/b bottom end on 4 stroke. most machining places wont charge that much....as for knife edging.....why??? not as tho the crank is having to cut thru the oil as in old skool xflows/a series etc.

so you wouldn't recomend knife cutting the bottom end, i see what you mean as it won't be sat in oil, so what about lightening it.? or is that not worth it either.?