PDA

View Full Version : f7p f7r vernier pulleys

H12EEG
12-12-2010, 13:05
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220705527249&ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOR:GB:1123

bought a set

H12EEG
12-12-2010, 13:09
made an offer for £50 for the pair and have recieved a counter offer stating they are out of stock but if i dont mind waiting 1 week they will accept £50.10p that'll do :D

Laine_16v
12-12-2010, 14:23
Well if you enjoy expensive paperweights, these do not fit with butchering the cam belt cover.

sideways danny
12-12-2010, 17:04
they dont even fit without the cambelt cover on. They hit the head too

Completely useless

G33R7
13-12-2010, 11:51
how do you guys know. the picture is just a example. lets see what the final product will look like.

H12EEG
13-12-2010, 13:01
hi guys got me worried now. Has anyone bought these before? Am in 2 minds wether to cancel it or just wait till i recieve them to test fit? Any advice welcomed. Cheers

Wobba
13-12-2010, 14:54
See what they are like, do a test fit. If not fit for purpose you send them back and let us know so people can avoid in future, or buy if they are good.

Yanoo_
13-12-2010, 16:51
Is there such vernier pulley that perfectly fits under the cambelt cover? (no need to modify anything)

dkrevs
13-12-2010, 17:37
Is there such vernier pulley that perfectly fits under the cambelt cover? (no need to modify anything)
Probably Kent and Piper ones. Not that Kent pulleys would be wise to have on the engine(chocolate thing :)), but they would fit.

MatBrown
13-12-2010, 17:53
hi guys got me worried now. Has anyone bought these before? Am in 2 minds wether to cancel it or just wait till i recieve them to test fit? Any advice welcomed. Cheers

Paddy16v bought a set and they are at Sideways danny's workshop along with his engine.

Mat.

zmaster2k
13-12-2010, 18:02
piper fit no problems...have these on mine

catcams one do too i think

Laine_16v
13-12-2010, 18:54
Piper, kent e.t.c all fit no problems, Catcams require new bolts i believe (although they might have sorted that issue now).

H12EEG
13-12-2010, 20:29
i think i will wait till i recieve/test fit them shouldnt be a problem as the engine is out atm

sideways danny
13-12-2010, 21:07
See what they are like, do a test fit. If not fit for purpose you send them back and let us know so people can avoid in future, or buy if they are good.

I've done a test fit, 5 months ago. They dont fit

H12EEG
13-12-2010, 21:22
5 months ago? not that i doubt you, but what did you do when you realised they didnt fit did you tell them. as i cant see a company advertising a product on ebay that isnt what they state it to be otherwise they would just get a load of complaints/ returned products/ negative feedback' how would they make any money? maybe they have had time to improve their product who knows. did you manage to get a refund?

sideways danny
14-12-2010, 00:22
wasn't my car. I handed the pulley back to Paddy and told him it didn't fit. I hold no hope at all in getting a refund from someone in Hungary selling cheap tuning parts on ebay

16v_paddy
14-12-2010, 00:50
5 months ago? not that i doubt you, but what did you do when you realised they didnt fit did you tell them. as i cant see a company advertising a product on ebay that isnt what they state it to be otherwise they would just get a load of complaints/ returned products/ negative feedback' how would they make any money? maybe they have had time to improve their product who knows. did you manage to get a refund?

I bought the very same pulley from a seller in Hungary iirc & got Danny to fit while he fixed my cam timing and core plug the day before FCS. The pulley didn't fit because the the inside of the toothed part of the pulley is thicker than the standard 1 so we used a bastard file on the part of the head it fouled.
Managed to make it fit all nice, after scraping away a load of the paint & metal from the bit where it bolts to the camshaft and timed it all up properly, then we come to the fitting of the pulley cover IT DOESN'T FIT the raised parts on the inside of the cover fit nicely into the space inside the std pulleys, but those lovely purple things don't have the recesses in them to accommodate those raised bits, thus leaving you unable to fit the engine mount.

So to make them fit:
you'll need to grind away part of the head so it doesn't foul the inside edge of the pulley's,
Run without the cover or engine mount - I'm not impressed or convinced about removing that mount & using the R5 rear mount instead,
OR heavily modify the pulley cover by chopping/grinding away the bits that foul the pulley whilst retaining it's strength to allow the engine mount to be bolted to it and actually hold the engine where it's supposed to be without bending and wrapping itself around the pulleys & destroying your engine in the process :wink:

As for reputation & feedback, it's a bit difficult to leave negative feedback if you only find out it doesn't fit, if you come to fit it several months after buying it :wink:

I'd love to try & make them fit but I'd only want to make them fit on an engine I'm not too bothered about destroying 1st

16v_paddy
14-12-2010, 01:40
Just seen this pic on someones mental R5 build

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/os8472/HA%20RWD%20Project/P1010665.jpg

Ok I know that's not a standard pulley but you can see the what I'm on about with space for the raised bits on the cover to fit into