PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate fat 4x4's

Wobba
08-12-2010, 14:32
Rush hour traffic, big long lane of cars and lorries waiting at some lights. Middle lane is free so I scoot down it. After the lights is a turning I can take on a tight bend and then the road filters from 2 lanes into one.

So, sat at lights, blue Lard Rover in inside lane. Lights go green, I give it a little welly and enter the bend. Most cars would be left standing at this point but matey in 4x4 wants to be funny about it and tries to match my pace on the wet tight bend. I get to a stage where I am thinking: 'shit, hes not giving me much room', so as I am ahead I give it some beans and leave him behind. I check rear view mirror and he/she has actually lost control and has entered a half spin. Bare in mind this is rush hour and traffic is everywhere, though in front of me it is clear for some way. I think: what a loser, 4x4 in wet pwned by old clio with shit tyres on lol.

Anyway, we drive on for another few miles, really slow in usual crappy traffic. We go through another dual carriageway section, inside lane for buses in the morning. We filter into a wide single lane, me stuck behind a lorry that decided to use the bus lane illegally and undertake me.

Land Rover driver decides to drive up very fast alongside my inside and push me into the oncoming traffic on the other side of the road. I glance over and see they are about an inch from my wing mirror, pushing me outwards. The cars behind have backed right off possibly because they can see a potential accident coming.

I back off and let them go as I don't want a traffic incident. They then take the next left turning...so they just made that dangerous manoeuvre for nothing!

Couple of nights ago some chav almost rear ends me trying to get me to race them along a residential road.

One problem with the Williams is the assholes it attracts on the road!

Justin..
08-12-2010, 15:22
I'd have chased the cunt till i ran out of fuel!

Wobba
08-12-2010, 15:33
I'd have chased the c**t till i ran out of fuel!

Haha, that reminds me of the last twat in a 4x4 that overtook us at 50 mph on the central reservation and hit my car!

Chased that one down, didn't we ;)

Justin..
08-12-2010, 15:53
Lol yeah! Tbh though I was expecting to see your wing and door mashed!

LEIGH-ANNE
08-12-2010, 15:56
What a cock!

Wobba
08-12-2010, 17:50
I am beginning to wonder if what girls say about men with big flash cars is true!

LEIGH-ANNE
08-12-2010, 18:46
I am beginning to wonder if what girls say about men with big flash cars is true!

In my experience its not true

Wobba
08-12-2010, 19:32

In my experience its not true

:roll:

Justin..
08-12-2010, 19:34
Lol!

LEIGH-ANNE
08-12-2010, 19:47
Sorry i see now it was a statement and not a question...my apologies :lol:

richy
08-12-2010, 21:58
tbf the driver of the 4x4 probably thought it was some chav in a lowered/noisy clio trying to jump everyone down the middle lane lol

but pushing someone into oncoming traffic is ****ing stupid, should of took there reg and reported them!

4x4 drivers... cunts... :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
08-12-2010, 22:17
tbf the driver of the 4x4 probably thought it was some chav in a lowered/noisy clio trying to jump everyone down the middle lane lol

but pushing someone into oncoming traffic is f***king stupid, should of took there reg and reported them!

4x4 drivers... c**ts... :wink:

:lol:

Red_Dash
08-12-2010, 22:37
Agreed, they're a terrible bunch 8) :wink:

Wobba
08-12-2010, 23:39

but pushing someone into oncoming traffic is f***king stupid, should of took there reg and reported them!

Yes, they probably did make a stereotypical judgement about me, due to my car, and based their behaviour on that fundamentally flawed conclusion.

Surely, if I were such a person/chav, caution would the approach to take. Better still, acting in a way that sets example to me (i.e. not going OTT and driving so poorly) is the wiser, more responsible, course of action?

As for the middle lane...I drove within the law. It only became an issue for the other driver because they made it an issue for themselves, and driving beyond their skill and ability to control a vehicle, hence almost spinning the car off the road, despite their 4WD and various other driver aids I don't have the luxury of, thankfully :roll:

The second incident was just another example of how this person thinks. Letting emotion and anger overrule their common sense in what could have been a tragic incident...and for what? Nothing.

I got half their reg plate. It was V737. I was going to report it but didn't see the driver.

richy
09-12-2010, 00:27
lol dont go getting ya knickers in a twist man!

you are they one who said you scooted down the middle lane as it was free while everyone was sat in traffic, then gave it a little welly away from the lights!,

so they probably did just stereotype you as they most likely heard your car before actually seeing it, and like 99% of road users just assume if its a noisy hot-hatch, its being driven by a chav or some boyracer!
and you might not of broke any law i never said you did lol :lol:

i certainly dont condone what they might of done, already said it was ****ing stupid!!

Wobba
09-12-2010, 01:29
I agree with that you said. It's not what you've written that's wound me up, its simply the more I think about it, the more the other person has twisted my knickers!

Personally, I don't associate 'Williams' with 'chav' or 'boy racer'. I guess for people who don't know much about cars, that's what they will see. Then again, I've heard many negative associations for many types of car: Scoobys, EVO's Ferrari's, BWM etc etc

I don't try and drive anyone off the road based on the car they drive though :)

Clio-Girl
09-12-2010, 11:14

:shock:

we have a fleet of 4x4 vehicles that i drive regulary and i bloody love them! :lol:

richy
09-12-2010, 11:23
lol i love 4x4's too, untill recently i had one! and i drive some at work too

i agree a williams isnt what id normally associate with a chav/boy racer although i have seen a few dodgy ones about,

but 99% of road users who wont know will just assume and stereotype the driver,

same with many other vehicles on the road lol volvo drivers - coffin dodgers, white van men(me) lol, 4x4 drivers...(was me!), bmw drivers...........errrrr :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clio-Girl
09-12-2010, 11:58
i have a personal hatred for all bmw drivers at the moment, they drive like complete tossers in their 07 plate onward cars, just because i drive a little clio DOES NOT MEAN IM INVISIBLE!

Justin..
09-12-2010, 12:28
i have a personal hatred for all bmw drivers at the moment, they drive like complete tossers in their 07 plate onward cars, just because i drive a little clio DOES NOT MEAN IM INVISIBLE!

Oi! :P

Tommo
09-12-2010, 13:51
4X4's are acceptable if you are a farmer, to use one for the school run and bully other people on the road is not.

Clio-Girl
09-12-2010, 14:16

yours is a 51 plate iirc :wink:

i had a dick nearly smash into the side of me not once but twice when he lane jumped as he was obviously full of self importance and no one else mattered. then to top that off i got in front of him after lots of abuse and wanker signs to be faced with yet another bmw doing 35mph in the outside lane on a 60mph dual carriageway, unbeliveable :evil:

richy
09-12-2010, 16:04
4X4's are acceptable if you are a farmer, to use one for the school run and bully other people on the road.

strange comment tommo! :lol:

Clio-Girl... you are invisible! :P

Clio-Girl
09-12-2010, 16:21
4X4's are acceptable if you are a farmer, to use one for the school run and bully other people on the road is not.

thats very typecast, we own 2 discoveries and a hi-lux pick up and we are by no way farmers, but they are used for the family businesses which again doesnt involve going anywhere near a farm (unless a delivery happens to be at a farm of course) we would be lost without them, even if they do occasionaly get used to pop to tescos for a pint of milk :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
09-12-2010, 16:38

uhhhh ohhhh

Clio-Girl
09-12-2010, 16:47
to be fair, Justin is a bmw driver in denial... his heart lays with the mk1 clios so he doesnt count :lol:

Wobba
09-12-2010, 16:51
to be fair, Justin is a bmw driver in denial... his heart lays with the mk1 clios so he doesnt count :lol:

This is true.

LA and I are waiting for him to get over the heartache, let the pain become a fading memory, then badger him to get another Mk1 and do it all over again.

He wants it back in his life, he just does not know it yet.

Clio-Girl
09-12-2010, 16:56
He wants it back in his life, he just does not know it yet.

he wants JRT back, ive already said that if we ever sell him i would make him sign a legal contract to keep him as a standard looking hybrid :lol:

Justin..
09-12-2010, 17:13
I do want it back very badly lol! Swap for my bm? :P

Clio-Girl
09-12-2010, 17:18
haha, no i dont think so somehow, planning a family is not on the cards at all ever!

Tommo
09-12-2010, 18:36

thats very typecast, we own 2 discoveries and a hi-lux pick up and we are by no way farmers, but they are used for the family businesses which again doesnt involve going anywhere near a farm (unless a delivery happens to be at a farm of course) we would be lost without them, even if they do occasionaly get used to pop to tescos for a pint of milk :wink:

Yes that comment probably was a bit typecast, but you know what I'm saying, if you need one for work etc then fair enough, but how many people who own one actually need one? Not many I'd guess.

stevie_b
09-12-2010, 22:57

Yes, typecast a bit. I think that can happen with certain people no matter what vehicle they are in - I cycle rather than use the car 5 days of the week so even little Micras seem to enjoy driving straight at me, cutting me up, etc. :wink: There is definitely something in 'self preservation' that stops you doing it against something that is a similar size to your own vehicle, which is probably why 4x4s seem the worst culprits.

BTW, I live on a farm and don't have a 4x4 (unless you count Scoobies?) :lol:

16v_paddy
14-12-2010, 02:20

Beemers are awesome providing you're not a complete homo that's unwilling to weld the diff to get plenty of sideways action :wink:

E30's, like mine, are the best tho :affro:

Justin..
14-12-2010, 19:22
dont need a welded diff to go sideways :roll: