PDA

View Full Version : Any audio/visual experts?

Enid
03-08-2005, 20:03
My DVD player gave up the ghost the other day so i'm looking for a replacement.

My old one was a Marantz DV4100 OSE and cost me a fair whack when i bought it.

The new one has to double up as my CD player too so sound quality is imperitive. I'm a bit out of touch with the current crop of DVD players so i'm looking for a few suggestions or recommendations really.

Cheers

FATBOY
03-08-2005, 21:28
if it doubles up as your cd player cant you just run it thru an amp??? that will increase the quality as long as the amp is a good make! ive got 2 dvd players one is a marantz(plays absolutly everything vcd's,svcds,region free etc etc) and my other dvd player is a cheap un' from asda its made by pacific and plays anything you throw at it!

Enid
03-08-2005, 21:35
Yeah I do run it through an amp, But if the player is crap then the amp won't enhance the sound quality if you see what I mean. So I need a player that will feed a good quality sound to the amp :D

VIPERONE
03-08-2005, 21:52
search for a make (plu2) german electronics manufacturer usually sell on ebay.. very very good stufff, they ship t

http://stores.ebay.de/DANIKS-WORLD_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkmo uk for £14 or summat

2 live
04-08-2005, 09:09
why dont u just get a decent cd player, an a cheapy dvd player??

specific components always work better..unless they mis matched

J o n
04-08-2005, 11:02
speak to Slithers, he's a stereo tech geek and loves his surround sound and all that nonsense...

i'll see what model my rents DVD player is, that's the shit imo as it can record 3 days of DVD TV onto it's hard drive.

Enid
04-08-2005, 11:18
2live, It needs to be a very good DVD player as well, I don't really have the space for two boxes on my rack. At the moment i'm think towards the Denon DVD1920 for at £240, just need to find one to have a demo of.

Slithers
04-08-2005, 17:57
Pioneer dvd 565a, nuff said prob pick one up for £150.00 easily

2live is right though, CD's sound better through CD players, as DVD players comprimise the sound by way of all the gubbins DVD players need to read and decode DVD's.

Enid
05-08-2005, 10:00
Pioneer dvd 565a, nuff said prob pick one up for £150.00 easily

2live is right though, CD's sound better through CD players, as DVD players comprimise the sound by way of all the gubbins DVD players need to read and decode DVD's.

Yeah yeah i know that it would be best to get seperate units but I dont have the space and a one box solution was good enough before so i'll stick with it.

Not considered Pioneer before, i'll have to check it out. Cheers