PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Parts?

Slagathore
24-09-2010, 16:25
Looking to renew the suspension on the car, but not sure what I actually need?

Is it best to get them from Renault, or are there any aftermarket products?

Will hopefully be getting coilovers in the new year, so was looking to get all the other components bought between now and the new year, ready to go on with the coilovers.

When I think of suspension I just think new shocks and springs, but the coilovers will cover that, but I'm sure there are other bits that will affect the cars handling that could do with renewing aswell? No point in getting decent suspension and then finding out other compenents are ruining it.

Thanks for any help!!

Justin..
24-09-2010, 17:31
Wishbones, balljoints (usually come on new wishbones), anti roll bar bushes, the top bushings & bearing of the struts and for the hell of it new track rod ends imo

Slagathore
24-09-2010, 21:38
Thanks!

Do Renault still sell all of that? Or are there any aftermarket/uprated options available?

I know I can get the Poly Bushes from loads of different places.

Wobba
24-09-2010, 23:25
You can use R19 16v wishbones. They alter the castor a tiny bit but seem fine to me. Top mount kits are Renault only I think. Can use other types of track rod ends from other suppliers but some say they are too short. I, and many others use them though.

Replacing struts and springs is a good call if they are old. Renault for them, not too expensive tbh!

Slagathore
25-09-2010, 09:55
Thanks for the help!

My list now consists of:

Wishbones and balljoints
struts and strut bearings?
Track rod ends
Poly bushes

Think I'll just get it all from Renault (except for the poly bushes)

Top mounts will probably be AST ones when I ge the coilovers.

Wobba
25-09-2010, 11:54
If you want to go the whole way get track rods as well. The balljoints at the steering rack end wear out. Can be a pain in ass to get them off though...

Slagathore
25-09-2010, 21:41
Thanks!

Will start calling around tomorrow/Monday!

Cheers Wobba!

Slagathore
27-09-2010, 09:54
Just been asked if I need male or female threads for the track rods and track rod ends?

Thanks again for any help!