PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 for sale

diathermy
22-09-2010, 15:27
Hi Guys,

I have decided to sell the williams.

I bought it about a year and a half ago and had planned to do some track days in it, but due family and work commitments, that is not going to happen.

I do not really have the time to look after the car properly, nd feel it should go to someone who can give it more attention.

It is a williams 2 on an M plate

106500 miles

NO SERVICE HISTORY - this is the gamble I bought it with. To be honest, its been pretty good and not had any major problems with it. I was told the cam belt had been done a few years ago, but I had planned to get that done to be sure before I took it on the track.

Since I have had it:

Brand new clutch and cable (last month)
New handbrake cable
brand new alternator (100 amp)
New wishbones
new track rods and track rod ends
replaced CAT and downpipe (used parts)
new exhaust rubbers
new gasket in downpipe
new HT leads (performanceleads.co.uk)
New spark plugs
New oil fliler
oil change (about 500 miles ago)
New expansion tank
Coolant change (with renault type D)
two new rear tyres (yokahoma parada spec 2)

All in all, it runs fairly well. Of late, there is sometimes an issue with starting, usually when its hot. I am sure its the starter motor.

The body work is in OK condition, but needs work if someone wants to bring it back to pristine condition. The rear arches are bubbling, but are not too bad.

Importantly, it has MOT for about 10 months and taxed till end of december.

Looking for offers around 1900 pounds (mainly duse to the recent clutch) but am open to sensible offers!

I will put pics up on the weekend (including detailed pics of the bodywork), after its washed and polished!

Thanks for looking

diathermy
29-11-2010, 15:54
Hi Guys,

As above really,

Seen a car I like, but the dealer will not take the williams in p/x.

So details remain as above.

Price now £1600 ono

Pics will go up this weekend hopefully!