PDA

View Full Version : Williams 1 #165 for sale or maybe swap

willie_165
24-08-2010, 13:28
I have decided to sell #165 as I am wanting a car that i can modify and not feel guilty about ruining a classic!!!
I bought it in Feb 09 with a knackered clutch and gearbox and dry stored it until Dec when I'd finally sorted it out. Then in March this year the second hand box I'd bought off ebay let go again so I had a 172 box fitted to it in the hope it would be a stronger box and last longer!
Here is a list of the parts I have changed in the last twelve months;

New discs and pads all round now covered 11k
Apex Sport suspension kit lowered whole car 40mm
K&N 57i air filter
Custom Chromes one off stainless exhaust with de-cat (still have cat for MOT)
172 Gearbox with new mount
Dog-bone mount
Organic fast road clutch
Wheel bearings all round

The bad points are;
Needs drivers side sill replacing (previous owner did a poor job of repairing)
Not got the wide track on the front
Crack in Front bumper and drivers wing (due to hitting a fox)
3 of the wheels need refurb and are wrong shade of gold
Dash No. Plate is a bit untidy and has wrong colour rivets

At the French Car Show this year i put it on the rolling road and the engine produced 165bhp which suprised me and I still have the print out to prove it!!
This car has by far been the best Renault I've had and it's never let me down so I will be very sorry to see it go but being a future classic and getting rare I think it would be better off with someone who wants to keep it standard rather than mess around with it! It has Mot till 10th Dec and tax till Dec
As for price I am open to sensible offers or a swap for either;
Hybrid Valver
A Valver
A Megane with f7r
Honda Civic Coupé VTi
As i can't always get to the computer any questions contact me on 07983515594 any time you can either call or txt but please no with
held numbers. Thanks for looking, James.

willie_165
24-08-2010, 13:42
Forgot to say due to limited internet access I can't upload any photos but I do have them on my Facebook page so add me to see them search James Sibson but please contact me first by phone as I don't accept requests from people I don't know usually, also one last thing the car is located in Leicester

Geeky
24-08-2010, 14:20
I think you may need to post how much you're after for it. You'll probably get more interest if so anyway.

Best of luck with the sale

willie_165
24-08-2010, 15:16
I think you may need to post how much you're after for it. You'll probably get more interest if so anyway.

Best of luck with the sale

Fair point for any one else who feels the same I want offers over £1200 or one of the cars listed and a some cash or a straight swap for the right car

willie_165
26-08-2010, 12:08
*CAR IS SOLD*