PDA

View Full Version : Projectors For Hid Conversions...

1995clio16v
04-08-2010, 00:38
Is it actually possible to insert some on the market projectors on the standard headlights when running Hid's so that the light is projected properly and there is no scatter etc?

Im pretty sure than angel eyes work fine with Hid's, no modding needed, but they look fooking GAY as do angel eyes.

Anyone know of owt for std setup?

Justin..
04-08-2010, 06:56
You can buy projector lenses but the glass on Clio headlights dictates the beam so not sure if they would work that well tbh

1995clio16v
04-08-2010, 12:37
Like these you mean?

And wire them in...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-HID-Bi-XENON-Headlight-Bulb-Projector-Lens-H4-H1-H7-/220635244781?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335ee2a8ed

Justin..
04-08-2010, 14:00
Yes but like I said, the glass in clio headlights dictates the beam pattern unlike more newer cars which use mirrors and just have clear plastic over the front.

1995clio16v
04-08-2010, 16:19
Im with you. Saw some HID's on a new Civic Type R the other day, looked shite. Serious scatter. Didnt even look like HID's.

Mine used to look good from the cockpit, but probably looked terrible from the front.

LEIGH-ANNE
04-08-2010, 17:13
This is intresting. Never thought of a protector but i guess they are needed. I will have HIDS on mine by the end of the week.

I will also be selling sets fo these in the near future too. But will start a new thread soon with more info

1995clio16v
04-08-2010, 23:34
Ive got an omega with factory xenons on and you realise just how shite these HID's are for scatter and general quality. You could draw a line perfectly horizontal against a wall, but to be frank the scatter was outside the parameter of the windscreen looking from the inside of the clio when they were fitted! They were that loose baby!!!

Granted they do look good from inside clios, for as far as lighting the road goes, but for looks, they just dont cut the mustard im afraid which is in essence why i suppose we fit them to the cars hoping they will look like modern day HID equipped cars, but they simply dont.

I will definately NOT be re-fitting them to the 16v once its back running unless I can het some projectors on them.

simonr85
07-08-2010, 17:33
What about in morettes??

Allan
09-08-2010, 09:55
they work fine in morettes i have them fitted to mine, work great.

I also have them fitted on the williams in the standard head light, they give good light i couldn't go back to standard lights now they just are so poor.
Problem i find is there is not much difference between dipped and main beam due to not having h4-2