PDA

View Full Version : Side exit exhaust

rochdale_williams
25-07-2010, 15:59
Are there any gains to be had from these? Currently have an unknown stainless system and supersprint manifold. Going pod in September and looking for every gain possible as only just missed 13s last time.

2 live
25-07-2010, 18:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKh7TZ7GlyU

just listen to it.........reason enough methinks hehe

rochdale_williams
25-07-2010, 20:41
How loud is it for everyday though? Was gonna go greenwoods and get it flanged so I can swap over easily. Was yours running a de-cat too?

kj16v
25-07-2010, 21:32
How much horsepower is your engine and what size is whole exhaust system (including the downpipe)?

-edit- Guessed by your Avatar info, that it was a turbocharged Clio, in which case I was going to suggest a larger bore downpipe and maybe exhaust system. But irrelevant if it's N/A

rochdale_williams
25-07-2010, 22:06
Forgot to change my avatar its still from my 5 turbo days. My Williams is a 190 braker. Just want 13s badly

2 live
26-07-2010, 19:17
How loud is it for everyday though? Was gonna go greenwoods and get it flanged so I can swap over easily. Was yours running a de-cat too?

how loud for everyday use??? lol...it was about 3 years ago that mate.....and my ears are still bleeding......answer your question?? lol

or as gunner said....on over-run it sounded like a squadron of lancaster bombers divebombing.

and iirc that was with the de-cat yes.