PDA

View Full Version : induction kit

cliobilly
10-07-2010, 14:47
Thinking of getting this or similar and running the cold air feed into the scuttle by cutting a hole in and feeding the pipe through and securing.

I have a washer bag kit and happy to move the fuse box down out the way so i have plenty of room but would it work?

Am i better getting piping and putting a filter directly in the scuttle or would my idea achive the same?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-Carbon-Fibre-Cold-Air-Filter-Intake-Kit-/140417144131?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b1839543#ht_8898wt_1137

Im not spending 200 quid on a funnel from the south of france carbon fibre or not :lol:

cliobilly
10-07-2010, 14:51
By work i mean would i get nice cold dense air? and make the engine breath better ?

i have some silicon hose i would use for the pipe from the scuttle to the filter.
And some reflective insulation tape to keep the pipe cool under the bonnet.

kj16v
11-07-2010, 12:23
Hi, I'm glad to see you're not prepared to spend silly money on some silicon and shiny carbon. As induction kits go that one shown in your link looks decent; sealed air box, proper filter - not that metal gauze tea-strainer rubbish, and most of all a realistic price!

Either method you mentioned would work. Although if you have it with the induction hose routed through the scuttle I would fit a trumpet or scoop of some sort to the end of it in order to draw in more air.

Bare in mind though; there is much more to making power than getting a bit more cold air into your engine.
Neither induction method will get you much in the way of gains (if any at all). Not without a decent live remap cutsomised to your particular mods. Which I can do for you :wink:

cliobilly
14-07-2010, 22:09
I have now looked into this but anybody know what size hose i would need to connect it up. 70mm?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290170217483&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1056wt_1282

what diameter are those blue adapter plates and where do i get one from?

im a little worried about water getting into the filter specially after todays downpours?