PDA

View Full Version : steering rack for williams 2

ptr
17-06-2010, 21:06
hi,

i'm looking for a genuine steering rack for a williams 2. any help would be appreciated.

i've been told by a renault dealership that they dont make these any longer, and that they can only get a spurious one. does anyone know if this is correct. if i get a spurious one, are they a quick rack like the genuine one ?

paul

Jamie.
17-06-2010, 21:20
can get yours welded...

MAXIBOY
17-06-2010, 22:33
can get yours welded...

thats the column i think..

if you need a rack and not the column which is a known weak point then get yours refurbish..

racks rarely go only the steering arms that are available from eurocar parts..

check whats needed and let us know..

MAXIBOY
17-06-2010, 22:35
hi,

i'm looking for a genuine steering rack for a williams 2. any help would be appreciated.

i've been told by a renault dealership that they dont make these any longer, and that they can only get a spurious one. does anyone know if this is correct. if i get a spurious one, are they a quick rack like the genuine one ?

paul

williams hasnt really a quick rack same as the valver.. but yes from gsf will be the correct item..

ptr
17-06-2010, 23:40
thanks for the replies. i have had a genuine renaultsport dealer check out the play in the steering and they say that it is definitely the rack. has anyone else had to replace their rack.
am i wrong in thinking that the rack is different from the rest of the clio range ?

MAXIBOY
18-06-2010, 01:56
no confidence in renault at all..

yes your wrong from what test have been done the power steering racks are all identical..2.7 turns lock to lock iirc

steering columns need welding very often and are very often confused for rack wear even buy proffessionals as they dont know about the issue..

check this joint for play first as welded up below found under the rubber boot in the drivers footwell

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/123maxiboy/415d66f1.jpg

hope that helps