PDA

View Full Version : Hardness of polyurethane used by Powerflex.....

cliokongen
08-06-2010, 22:51
I am not impressed with the bushes supplied by Powerflex.
Tbh i think the std. Renault items are better.
The Powerflex ones - flexes too much. (yes - the sleeves are welded to the wishbones) :)

What is the hardness of polyurethane used by Powerflex.

I am looking into getting some harder ones made but need the hardness in Shore.

Michael

Coops
08-06-2010, 23:06
if mine weren't on the car i could test it at work, not sure i can get the test kit into the gap on the wishbones, may be able to get it onto the arb mounts and they are probs the same, i'll let you know mate if i can test it for you or not tomos :wink:

mine feel a hell of a lot better than when i fitted just new std bushes though

cliokongen
08-06-2010, 23:13
Mucho appreciated Coops.... :D

MAXIBOY
09-06-2010, 00:35
never liked them myself..havent the adjustment of the originals and never rated them at all..

standard or rose joints for me..

BigSteveT
09-06-2010, 00:52
Where do you get new renault bushes from then??

The obvious answer is Renault i'm guessing but would they not just sell you a new wishbone etc??

MAXIBOY
09-06-2010, 01:35
they do but the bushes cost as much as the wishbone near enough..lol

Evogone
09-06-2010, 08:39
Run std bottom are and bushes on the rallycar. Powerflex purple on the rollbar bushes though. Powerflex can supply black version which are the hardest version they do, need to phone them for special order.

Steve

Evogone
09-06-2010, 08:40
Run std bottom are and bushes on the rallycar. Powerflex purple on the rollbar bushes though. Powerflex can supply black version which are the hardest version they do, need to phone them for special order.

Steve

Something that makes more sense LOL

I run std bottom arms and bushes on the rallycar. Powerflex purple on the rollbar bushes though. Powerflex can supply black versions which are the hardest version they do, you need to phone them for special order.

cliokongen
09-06-2010, 09:20
Thats interesting.... Saves me a lot of work then....

Would they sell directly to me or do i have to purchase through someone else?

Michael

Wobba
09-06-2010, 09:36

Steve

I went this route as well. I have the purple ARB bushes and left the wishbone ones alone. It's a lot less hassle, less expense, and works well, though not tried the polybushed wishbone on a car yet to give a back to back review.

cliolord
09-06-2010, 09:43
stock bush's are fine imo

cliokongen
09-06-2010, 09:49
When the sleeves are welded in it should be very easy to just change the bushes when worn.... :)
I think i'll try the harder black ones.
If they do not feel better than std. items - i'm going back to std.

Michael

Evogone
09-06-2010, 10:59
Thats interesting.... Saves me a lot of work then....

Would they sell directly to me or do i have to purchase through someone else?

Michael

Call them they should sort you some out.