PDA

View Full Version : Orange ITB Hybrid mapped... :-)

cliokongen
26-05-2010, 21:18
As we are still waiting for Mr. Wobba to reveal the result of his Bhp game I'll grab the opportunity to reveal the result of my mapping session yeaterday.

220Bhp / 218Nm (161 Lb/ft)

Result was less than expected to be honest.
But the way it pulls and the way it sounds is just phenomenal.
If i knew more about timing the cams and had a rolling road in my back yard I'm sure we could find a few more ponies.
Cams have been timed to Cat Cams spec.

Just looking forward to driving it on track.
Quite a few track days have already been booked..

Michael

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Cliokongen/Getting%20ready%20for%202010/Mapning2505101.jpg

2010 Spec sheet for "The Orange"

Engine:
F7R BE
Stand alone ECU (currently with 7800rpm. limit)
Lightened and balanced BE (pistons and rods within 1g difference)
Lightened and balanced fly wheel and clutch assembly
Jenvey Throttle bodies
Custom home made stainless catch tank with return to sump
Walbro ITP248 uprated fuel pump
300ml Bosch injectors
Cat Cams verniers
Cat Cams 225's
Wössner rods
Wössner 11.2 pistons
Wössner rod bolts
Modified head
Stainless-steel Devil manifold with modified downpipe
2,5" custom stainless-steel exhaust
Pacet fan controlled by low temp thermostat
16 row Mocal oil cooler
FMJ Stand alone ECU

Transmission:
Williams JC5-014 gearbox with Gripper LSD with different ratio 14/60
Sinter metal Sachs clutch - lightened version
Sadev short throw conversion
Renault Sport alloy/fiber bush kit for gear lever

Other:
Welded and strenghtened subframe with custom central front lifting point
"No spillage" modification of servo fluid reservoir
"Be gone forever" charcoal canister mod
R19 Gearbox/sub frame mount
Vibra Tech engine mounts
Coops solid adjustable dogbone
Battery relocation (low position behind passenger seat)
Stud and nut conversion
Light weight tank from Lower spec Clio
Alloy spare wheel holder
APD low radiator with custom stainless steel waterpipe

Brakes:
Brembo Max discs
Performance Friction PF97 pads
Braided brake lines
Grooved rear discs with std. pads

Suspension:
F+R Leda adj. dampers with H&R 350lb springs
AST solid suspension top mount
Powerflex bushes
R5 Express 23,5mm spring torsion bars
Thicker anti roll torsion bars
Sparco upper front strut brace
Sparco lower front strut brace
5mm spacers front
10mm spacers rear

Wheels & Tyres:
OZ Ultraleggera 7x15-inch wheels
Toyo R888 195/50/15 tyres

Body:
Focus electric orange
Carbon induction funnel rings (fitted to bonnet)
Smoothed tailgate
Front bumper lightened - Fog lights removed
Rear bumper Nana style
Smoked side-repeaters
Phase 2 rear light clusters and boot-strip
Removed bump-strips – front, rear, sides
Roof strips removed
Antenna moved to rear
Angel eyes with 4300K xenon
Removed sun roof - replaced Carbon sunroof blanking plate

Interior:
Stripped!
Alcantara steering wheel with quick release
Steering rack angle changed
Momo pedals
Momo gear knob
Sparco Pro 2000 seats
6 point FIA seat belts
FIA cut off switch
Carbon fibre interior panels front/rear/bootlid
Devil rear strut brace (for seat belts)
Full Devil Clio Cup spec cage

Wobba
26-05-2010, 21:40
Thanks mate, and well done. That's quite some machine :D

I am sure I am not alone when I say we are awaiting Porsche slaying video on youtube imminently!!!

cliokongen
26-05-2010, 21:46
:D ....I'll do my very best...

Through the more twisty bits on the Nürburgring the Clio will definitely stay glued to most of the Porsches... (most of the owners seems afraid of them) :D and they don't like an old French tin can catching up!

MUCHO FUN! :D

Coops
26-05-2010, 22:02
excellent stuff michael fella! vids on youtube asap :wink:

vkosho
27-05-2010, 02:12
Congrats man. Nice result there!

Make sure handle that big power responsibly. 8)

robi1000
27-05-2010, 08:20
So you finally have your very own Jenvey Band playing... Congrats mate!

Loving the "Be gone forever" charcoal canister mod ! :lol:

Yanoo_
27-05-2010, 09:18
Congrats Michael, it's awesome! http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Respect/0028.gif

2 live
27-05-2010, 21:01
nice results mate. look forward to the vids. ;)

Tommo
27-05-2010, 21:51
Your car is awesome mate, love it! Pity the steering wheel is on the wrong side though... :wink:

kj16v
27-05-2010, 21:53
Impressive 220 N/A BHP ain't to be sniffed at!

:yourock:

volymmannen
27-05-2010, 23:56
Your car is awesome mate, love it! Pity the steering wheel is on the wrong side though... :wink:
no its not, only cars that deliver the mail has the steering wheel on the right hand side :lol:

cliolord
28-05-2010, 13:44
8)

vkosho
31-05-2010, 23:10
Just out of interest.. What sort of lap time do hope you can achieve on the ring with that?

cliokongen
01-06-2010, 07:16
The car is just a lot of fun!
Have been driving around for the last couple of days - just for the driving - listening to the burble of the bodies and the whine from the diff.... :D

Tbh i do not go to the Ring to do mental laptimes or set personal records.
I am not skilled enough to do so and i do not know the track well enough.
People going there regularly with hundreds maybe thausands of laps say thay are still learning everytime they go out...
The Ring is so much more than lap times. Beer, beef, cars and atmosphere... - and beer...

I only have 24 laps total... and definately do not want to crash - it's way too expensive! :?

Even though i do not go to the Ring to set a lap time - i do time my laps... :D (of course)
Based on a privious lap (not very good one - my 10th or 11th lap) of 9:00 min BTG without bodies, cage and Gripper diff and a lot of room for improvement i would say a 8:40 BTG is within reach.

Michael

Evogone
01-06-2010, 08:22
Did 8.40s in a std Clio Cup with a passenger so more than achievable in your car now. Although if you have a shorter final drive then you will be maxed out on the far side of the circuit.

Agree the ring is all about the full package not just the lap times but pushing a GT3 round the track did give me a huge buzz.!

Evogone
01-06-2010, 08:23
Any RR print out ? engine spec similar to Wobbas car so would be interesting to compare.

cliokongen
01-06-2010, 08:29
Did 8.40s in a std Clio Cup with a passenger so more than achievable in your car now. Although if you have a shorter final drive then you will be maxed out on the far side of the circuit.

Agree the ring is all about the full package not just the lap times but pushing a GT3 round the track did give me a huge buzz.!

Yep - lot of fun keeping up with some of the GT3's in the twisties....
On the straights though it's a different story! :-)

Final drive is only marginally shorter than std. 14/60 ratio.
I'm sure the car is more capable then i will ever be! :-)

Michael

cliokongen
01-06-2010, 08:31
Any RR print out ? engine spec similar to Wobbas car so would be interesting to compare.

Unfortunately not....
Printer did not work (like the last time i was there - get it fixed ffs)
Forgot to get the "print" on a file...
I did have a nice flat torque graph though and absolutely no dips in the power line....

Michael

Evogone
01-06-2010, 08:54
Did they map the car with a wideband sensor in the manifold or one in the back of the exhaust pipe ?

Wobba
01-06-2010, 10:25

No no no. Kongens is a higher spec to mine. He has high comp bottom end and better breathing with the manifold and d/p.

There are big similarities though obviously, but the Orange is a step ahead than mine. I may go that step at a later date but want to adjust to the car as it is for now as it is running as a daily driver, not a 'Ring Hero!

Actually, my diff is quite quiet! I think you may have yours set slightly more aggressively than mine...but shit me dude, it WANTS you to press the loud pedal even at 120mph+ on a bend lol ooooh yeaaaaa!!

Evogone
01-06-2010, 10:45

No no no. Kongens is a higher spec to mine. He has high comp bottom end and better breathing with the manifold and d/p.

There are big similarities though obviously, but the Orange is a step ahead than mine. I may go that step at a later date but want to adjust to the car as it is for now as it is running as a daily driver, not a 'Ring Hero!

Actually, my diff is quite quiet! I think you may have yours set slightly more aggressively than mine...but s**t me dude, it WANTS you to press the loud pedal even at 120mph+ on a bend lol ooooh yeaaaaa!!

So would be interesting to see what the hicomp and manifold will yield as you both running same cams etc.....could determine your next move :wink:

cliokongen
01-06-2010, 11:43
Did they map the car with a wideband sensor in the manifold or one in the back of the exhaust pipe ?

In the back - they would not bother raising the car and fittin the wide band even though i have an extra fitting for it in the downpipe.

hmmm....

Next time.... :)

Wobba
01-06-2010, 13:35

Actually, my diff is quite quiet! I think you may have yours set slightly more aggressively than mine...but s**t me dude, it WANTS you to press the loud pedal even at 120mph+ on a bend lol ooooh yeaaaaa!!

So would be interesting to see what the hicomp and manifold will yield as you both running same cams etc.....could determine your next move :wink:

Indeed!

I am wondering if Stan can massage the mapping on mine if his RR is working next time I pop over...

cliokongen
01-06-2010, 20:34

Only "semi" hi-comp unfortunately... 11,2:1
Should have gone for the other pistons - it's really bothering me i did not go for the 12,5:1.... Arrgghhh....

robi1000
02-06-2010, 00:31
Not really. I sent an email to Catcams on this topic and asked them which pistons would they suggest for their 5502225 cams. Answer was 11.2:1. They said it was calculated with such pistons in mind. So I bought same pistons as you have.

Well I also bought 12.5:1 IAPELs but they are FUBARd, so I'm most likely throwing them away... :lol:

cliokongen
02-06-2010, 11:27
I'll just have to build an extra engine with higher spec.... :D
Thats always good fun when you are in no hurry to finish it!

Shame about the Iapel's Robi....

rs27carrera
02-06-2010, 12:40
Do you happen to know part number for "R5 Express 23,5mm spring torsion bars"

And where you have got "Thicker anti roll torsion bars" in rear?

Are you using anti roll bar in front at all?

cliokongen
02-06-2010, 13:24

Unfortunately i do not have the part number.
Got them from a breakers yard many many moons ago.

The thicker anti roll torsion bars fitted to my car came with the rear beam which came from a Clio Cup car. (might not be std. Clio Cup items though)

In the front i use the std. Williams anti roll bar.

Michael

MAXIBOY
02-06-2010, 18:48

last time i checked bars where around 150 quid each.

you can get thicker sport bars too up to 26.8mm iirc..

Yanoo_
07-06-2010, 13:34
Michael, how much is the diameter of your Jenvey's?

cliokongen
07-06-2010, 23:33
I believe they are 45's.... :D

Michael

cliokongen
07-06-2010, 23:37
I believe they are 45's.... :D

Michael