PDA

View Full Version : Battery box help needed

jay s
05-04-2010, 16:51
I need to move my battery to the rear of the car so ive got room for the grp a scuttle kit. i want to move it to the rear passenger side ( next to bootlid ) but when looking under the car today all i could see was the bloody exh heat shield. do i need to remove this permanently so the bolts can come through? has anyone got any pics of there's fitted and a pic of bolt location(undercar) would be good.... :D

Coops
05-04-2010, 22:08
bolt through it i guess mate? i cant remember where mine come through but i have absolutely nothing under rear of car behing axle anyway :lol:

ThRaXaIR
06-04-2010, 20:07
get a lightweight battery and velcro the little tart down. works a treat.....work on a clamp by MOT time though....

jay s
06-04-2010, 22:06
hmm velco sounds like a much easier idea lol , do you think it would seriously be able to hold it tight? its a grp/fiberglass box which weighs under a kilo, battery weighs about 7kg....

ThRaXaIR
06-04-2010, 22:19
lol mine is....its only temporary before people get on there highhorse....but, proper heavy duty velcro will hold it. i got stuff that holds 7kg per 50mm strip and ive squeezed 2and half strips on the back of the battery, and done a trackday and its still holding. but i will get something done by MOT....maybe :P :lol:

p.s. weightsaving! ;)