PDA

View Full Version : Question

fani
17-03-2010, 18:20
on another forum, more exactily a french one, specialized on clio williams and 16v one's, on the list with the engine modifications he wrote that he has a coil pack from clio rs put on his turbo charged williams. what the gain with this modification and what do i need to modify to put something like this on my engine, a F7P ? do i need to change the engine management ? i wrote here because i can do better in english than in french with the explanations. :wink: i also saw in here that some people put coil pack from sierra cosworth on a turbocharge williams. thanks in advance for the future info.

richy
17-03-2010, 18:46
sounds like they run aftermarket management tbh, as a few lads are running turbo f7's with the original ecu and distributor set up

i beleive coops turbo was running around 260bhp but hes recently incresed that to around the 300bhp area.

obviously having a aftermarket ecu gives you more control on what coil/injectors etc etc you run and generally can be mapped easier(depends if theres any mappers for whichever ecu near you) then std ecu