PDA

View Full Version : turbo wont start ... :(

dhay14
02-03-2010, 16:28
can somebody tell me what are the symptoms of a damaged Coil?
the turbo doesn't want to start. i smell gas fumes so i guess its getting fuel. didnt check for a spark yet bur my rpm meter is acting very wierd.

at switch on it looks like im revving the car without it being started.

plz help !!!!

Coops
05-03-2010, 16:48
whats it doing? not even trying to turn on starter?

dhay14
05-03-2010, 22:52
yes mate thats about what its doing. it turns the starter but i wont start. i changed the coil but nothing.

Coops
06-03-2010, 16:23
have you actively checked for fuel and spark? listen for fuel pump prime on key turn, then also whip fuel feed line off and check for fuel pressure.

pull the spark leads out and earth them directly to rocker cover bolt or something to check for spark in all 4 pots

go from there

dhay14
06-03-2010, 23:50
after a few cranks i smell fuel fumes so i guess there's fuel pressure but have to check for sure and for spark but the wether isn't helping
gonna check in the upcomming days

tnx mate

schakal
07-03-2010, 01:06
an engine need spark ,fuel ,air and compression to
run . if you are smelling fumes it is likely that there is no spark .

checking for spark is no rocket science either . get a spare plug
or take the one off the head ,connect it to a plug lead and
rest it on the inlet manifold. turn ignition on and see the what
the crack is .

SIMPLESSS

dhay14
07-03-2010, 21:23
yes i know how to check 4 spark but the wether is cold so i didn't get a chance to check will do it this week though.

schakal
07-03-2010, 22:05
what cold ???
^^^ MAN UP TBQFH ^^^ :D

dhay14
09-03-2010, 14:41
just changed the sparkplug wires and still did not start, checked for fuel and the fuelpump is working fine because the fuelrail gets fuel.

what are the chances that all 4 sparkplugs died on me? mabye the engine is getting too much fuel is that a possebility?

schakal
09-03-2010, 14:43
just changed the sparkplug wires and still did not start, checked for fuel and the fuelpump is working fine because the fuelrail gets fuel.

what are the chances that all 4 sparkplugs died on me? mabye the engine is getting too much fuel is that a possebility?

dude , check for spark FGDFS !!!!

dhay14
09-03-2010, 15:12
ok schakal because you insist !!!! wahahah i have a friend commingover tommorow wil let you know. okk dont stresss :D

schakal
09-03-2010, 15:29
ok schakal because you insist !!!! wahahah i have a friend commingover tommorow wil let you know. okk dont stresss :D

flololol :D

ok i admit ,i am funny funk meister 99% of the time however
i am being very serious now . all you have typed so far strongly
recommends that you have not got any spark !!
lets check and rule that out then i can tell you 100 reasons
why it would not spark .

stressed ??? damm right .
you would make even mat brown
lose all his hair in a matter of minutes :shock:
ohh wait ... :lol:

dhay14
09-03-2010, 23:22
wahahahah

i like to make fun to mate dont worry...however tommo i'll have a look at the sparking issue.

tnx for the help mates

dhayrone

dhay14
11-03-2010, 21:49
well guys,

i checked for spark today and all 4 cylinders had spark but the car would not start. went back and changed all 4 sarkplugs for new ones and it started right away..

how can this be? had a drive with the car and it all seemed well until it suddenlly cut off, i started it and it cur off again after the third start it kept on and drove without a problem.

again someone has a reason or an explenation for this?

cheers

dhayrone

dhay14
15-03-2010, 11:35
does anybody have a clue on this?

schakal
15-03-2010, 13:05
does anybody have a clue on this?

no

Coops
15-03-2010, 14:32
as above mate am afraid, its too random an issue to guess at what it could be :(

dhay14
15-03-2010, 16:16
the only thingme and a friend of mine came up with is that the car might be running too rich that kills sparkplugs ive been told.

donno about that but the car is running fine now,.

Allan
21-03-2010, 13:51
i had similar on my turbo last christmas after changing the inlet manifold, had spark the car would start up for about 4 or 5 seconds then cut out was weird, took all the plugs out compression tested it was fine(low comp as expected), put all the plugs back in (same ones) and it fired up been running lovely since....

the world of random renaults