PDA

View Full Version : More tube incidents

Swervin_Mervin
21-07-2005, 14:01
Dummy explosions using detonators only have sparked the evacuation of three Tube stations and the closure of three lines, a BBC correspondent has said.

Police cordoned off large areas around Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush Tube stations.

Emergency services also attended an incident on a route 26 bus in Hackney Road in Bethnal Green.

There were reports of smoke coming from two of the stations. There are no reports of any injuries.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City.

A spokesman for London Underground said the nature of the incidents was unknown.

One hospital, near Warren Street station, has started its emergency plan.

Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning. "Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

But a BBC reporter outside Warren Street station said there was no sign of smoke outside.

Hmm. Clever that. You aren't going to get you head kicked in by everyone around you once they realise they're still alive and that you just set off a small explosion. That will then be followed by arrest and jail. Fvcking idiots.

Should be publicly tortured if this is true. I'd pay and travel to London to watch.

Jan
21-07-2005, 14:13
Believe me, you don't want to be in london at the moment :?

It's f*cking average all this terror malarkey :evil:

I'm leaving the office as soon as to go drinking in protest :x

Enid
21-07-2005, 17:39
My route to St Pancras used to involve the Piccadilly line but thats closed obviously so now i use the nothern line to Euston then walk to st pancras, unfortunatly the northern line goes through Warren street :roll:

Karen
21-07-2005, 21:44
I was on the tube system around 12:40 today just after it all kicked off... I was nervous enough before today. It's horrible not having any choice but to use it...

Enid
21-07-2005, 21:49
Your not wrong there Karen, given the choice I wouldn't use it but its a nesercary evil.